KSP 1.0.5 Cannot Create Any Maneuver Nodes

Hi, I've been playing KSP for about 90 hours, never experienced this problem before.But now I've started a new career mode game. And I cannot seem to create any maneuver nodes, the little blue dot on my current orbital trajectory does not appear at all and neither left or right clicking on the trajectory provides any options. My Tracking Station is currently level 3. Am I missing something? 

Here's what I've tried so far:

Reloading Save - Fail

Rebooting KSP - Fail

Rebooting PC - Fail

Uninstalling and Reinstalling KSP - Fail

Please help lol, I really like this game but this is breaking it for me. Also, I do not use ANY mods, so it's a fully vanilla build.

2 minutes ago, Sanic said:

This probably won't be useful, but when this happens to me (I can't create a maneuver node) I F5/F9. 

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I have tried this a couple times and still I'm having no luck.

"

Maneuver nodes are hard to place, pre-1.0.5 issue.

Sometimes KSP won't let you place a new maneuver node, it just doesn't show the dot letting you know you can place a node on the orbit.

Workaround 1.

Press tab to change focus to the body where you want to place the node, ie: focus on Kerbin to place a node on an orbit within the Kerbin SOI, focus on Minmus to place a node on an orbit at the Minmus SOI, then you will be able to place nodes normally.

Workaround 2.

Place your node on a later or earlier orbit, then drag the node with the left mouse button to where you want it.

"

I've also tried the above two workarounds. still no luck. :confused:

You mention you started a new career game, in early carer the nodes are not available yet.

You need to upgrade the tracking station to tier2 to see encounters, and you need to upgrade mission control to tier2 as well to enable manoeuvre nodes.

5 hours ago, sal_vager said:

You mention you started a new career game, in early carer the nodes are not available ye.

You need to upgrade the tracking station to tier2 to see encounters, and you need to upgrade mission control to tier2 as well to enable manoeuvre nodes.

If you'll refer back to my original post I stated my tracking station is level 3, or tier 3. By I appreciate your input.

Can you make a node on another orbit, such as a basic orbit of Kerbin, but are unable on a specific orbit?

Also, please can you provide pics on your orbit, and your savegame so others can test it, you can put pics on imgur and files on dropbox.

1 hour ago, Harry Rhodan said:

I just quote the part you might have missed. :P

yes, sorry, was in a rush when I last replied. At the time I had all buildings tier 2 and tracking station tier 3.

1 hour ago, sal_vager said:

Can you make a node on another orbit, such as a basic orbit of Kerbin, but are unable on a specific orbit?

Also, please can you provide pics on your orbit, and your savegame so others can test it, you can put pics on imgur and files on dropbox.

I was unable to create any maneuver nodes at all as far as I was able to determine. The nodes I was planning on making was from a stable kerbin orbit. And I wanted to create a Mun encounter maneuver. After googling and doing research, I still came up with no solution. So what I've done was delete the save and start a new career again. And now its working normally. So my only guess is something in my save file got tweaked in a bad way. But now I'm flying again. Thanks to all for the quick responses and suggestions. I do appreciate it! happy space travels!

Problem Solved Gents, thank you all for input!

My Solution : Delete save file and start over.

Nodes now work normally

so, since I don't want to use your solution, how do I create maneuver nodes? I'm stuck with the same problem.

since I'm using quite a fair chunk of mods, the only solution I found so far was: order mechjeb to do anything, and it will create a maneuver node for you.

one of the next things I'll try: start a new career and copy the craft-parts from the old cfg to the new cfg, and transfer the kerbals aswell. but I don't really like messing around in save-files too much.

EDIT: created a new game, and gave myself enough money and science points to upgrade the tracking station and to build a small suborbital rocket. and again, no maneuver nodes available. would anyone mind to explain, how to avoid this? I also have a sandbox-game to test everything. and maneuver nodes work just fine there. so how do I get a working game?

EDIT: if affects newly generated career-mode games in 1.0.4 and 1.0.2 aswell, an older 1.0.2 career game is unaffected.  (unmodded).

seriously, what have you done?

EDIT3: my solution so far, since I wasn't deep in that career (2 planes in the air): took a 1.0.2 savegame (early test) and added money and science points. then I hyperedited the crafts in the air. funny side effect: it's much quicker now. something was causing troubles with newly generated career-savegames (version and mods irrelevant).

Edited by Hotblack Desiato

I have the same problem.

Sandbox, Mac OS, KSP 105 with mechjeb, KER and Scansat

Suddenly - no maneuver nodes.

Player log here https://www.dropbox.com/s/va8xc9gjm9n09bs/Player%202015%2012%2012.log?dl=0

P S - I just tried Stanic's refocus trick described above. It sorted it. Thanks!

Edited by Clear Air Turbulence

9 hours ago, sal_vager said:

Did you upgrade mission control?  you need that at tier 2 as well.

okay, interesting. because I upgraded everything to tier 3 but the mission control (left it on lvl 1, since I want to play with a few elements of career mode and grinding missions isn't one of them). and I was under the impression that the tracking station is responsible for maneuver nodes, nothing else. now I've upgraded it and it works as intended.

thanks.

Additional information (Mac OS, 1.0.5, no mods):

Often if there is an SOI change somewhere along the flightpath, it is impossible to place manouvre nodes before the SOI.

Changing focus and/or zooming so that the map "assumes" a different SOI can sometimes fix it but not always.

If the current flightpath has a Pe or Ap before encountering the next SOI, then it is generally possible to add a manouvre node after Pe/Ap (i.e. between Pe/Ap and next SOI) and then drag it back along the flightpath to you. In many cases this is the only possible solution. And I have no idea why the presence of Pe/Ap makes any difference to creating a node, but it does.

• 4 weeks later...

I’ll contribute that I’ve seen this sort of behavior in the middle of an ongoing career game (modded).  This is game where I’ve sent up dozens of craft, and set a bunch of maneuver nodes in the process.  But occasionally, a craft will suddenly just not accept maneuver nodes.  There’s no blue dot over the orbit line, and clicking does nothing.  F5/F9 has worked for me before, as has going back to the Space Center and then going back to the ship in question.

Just the other night, in fact, I was sending up a test flight of a multiprobe carrier.  When the time came to circularize, I couldn’t set a node.  I quickly switched out to the Space Center and back, and it was fine.  This was after I’d spent an hour circularizing another orbit, and managing an escape trajectory from the Mun for yet another craft.  I had thought maybe it was because the craft was carrying multiple command pods (the probes all have HECS-2 cores from the Asteroid Day mod) and KSP got confused in some way.  But the same thing has happened with single-core craft, and now I wonder if maybe there’s something that makes it forget what level Tracking Station you have.

As I say, my game is modded (quite a bit), so it’s possible that’s the source.  Like Clear Air Turbulence (above), I have KER and Scansat installed, but not MechJeb.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.