Heavy Memory Leaks

Hi!

I am playing KSP 1.0.5 with several mods, yet way less than I used to in 1.0.4.

After the game loads and I load the saved game, I am at 2.3 gigs of used memory by KSP in KSC screen. Going to the VAB suddenly increases the memory used to 2.6-2.7.

After launching a mission, memory used jumps to 3.1-3.2 gigs.

So basically, I can only run one mission before having to restart the game.

After 1600+ hours sunk in this awesome game, since 0.25 I've been posting about this memory leak issue that plagues the game.

Is it possible for Squad to address this issue once and for all? It is really fun and game breaking.

If you cannot address the leaks at least with 1.1 give us a stable 64 bit version for windows so I can make better use of my 32 gigs of RAM before having to restart.

Hi Cocox, using more memory isn't a leak, a memory leak is a situation where memory is allocated but never reused.

KSP 1.1 is planned to have a 64bit version for Windows and OSX, Linux already has this, and it will allow you to load more addons, but to help with your current situation it'd help if you posted your modlist.

Cocox.. I have similar situation, but once moving to VAB/Launch memory usage is not as bad as yours - allow me to run a leetle bit longer.

This is actually a simple thing to remedy.. I do it all the time with my development, and it's a 'no-brainer' !!

Using Process Viewer I watch my programs use up memory and then come back down to the base memory allocation.. all the time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.