Help with rover wheels!!

45 minutes ago, LeoBlueSpikes said:

Help! I can´t dock any rover to a ship because this always happens, anyone knows what am I doing wrong?

this is an example http://imgur.com/2JUyIvJ

So, basically, the wheels sink into the cargo bay and no matter what I do, this always happens

As per this post and sal_vager's subsequent answer:

"yeah this one's tricky...

Parts of the same craft do not have collisions with itself, this is deliberate to fix other issues but it means that legs and wheels don't work to support a vessel docked inside a bay.

At one point I thought the new Cessna style wheels would work for this but it doesn't survive reloading.

The only trick I and others have managed to make work is to have docking ports on the floor of the bay, a central medium port or a pair of small ports in the bay and on the base of the rover/payload will support it better than a single port on the end.

It's an old problem, and just exacerbated by the ramp making rover carriers more feasible.

Hopefully this helps."

It's a tricky one but the thread also contains some solutions to try out.  This thread also contains some good solutions to work the problem you are facing.

Good luck!

SM

EDIT: Interestingly @sal_vager I discovered this and posted it in craft aesthetics the other day re: the Cessna style wheels!

Edited by Speeding Mullet

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.