Dropship - Boss Hogg

Castille7

Sector 7 Space Laboratories Dropship Division - Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg gets it's name from the old TV show Dukes of Daisy.....uh Dukes of Hazzard, I was not much into the show nor did I like Boss Hogg much, I just looked at the craft and his name came to mind when I saw short fat and you know! ..... It can travel a good distances before needing fuel, landing is extremely difficult and not recommend for beginners. Refueling is a chore but it pays off in the long run, it has a really nice cockpit view. If you need a large crew and some small equipment delivered far away from Mission Control this could be your craft for transportation.

Craft Assembly: 24 Whiplash Engine, 8 Panthers, Convert-O-Trons, PPD-12 Cupola Module, Minning Excavator, Holding Tanks, Fuel Cells, Photvotaic Panels, Comms DTS-M1, Big-S Elevon, Radial Air Intakes, Venor Engines, Landing Struts, MK3 Cargo Ramp, MK3 Cargo Bay CVG-50

Engineer's Report
Parts:578 with Fuel Tank 604
Mass: 132.2t
Size
Height: 10.3m
Width: 17.7m
Lenght: 22.7m

Flight Operations: (READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO FLY)
Take on Fuel into all four wings if disired, now engage SAS, RCS, throttle up to full then press spacebar, after craft lifts press spacebar a second time to engage rear Panther Engines, soon the craft will want to lift it's nose you will then need to allow some height before you disengage the lift engines by pressing the number 1 key, if you wait too long the craft could flip over, timing is critical. The craft will start to desend, use this opportunity to gain speed with nose down a little, increase speed near 50 m/s or more and level off, craft will then take flight.

Landing Operations: Not an easy task because landing gear is not too strong, these can be swapped with your own idea for better support. I recommend watching the video for an idea on how to land.

Flight Controls:
1-Whiplash Engines
2-Panther Engines
3- Landing Lights
4- Cargo Bay Doors
5- Cargo Ramp
6- Headlights
7- Photovoltaic Panels
8- Communications
9- Deploy Drill
10- Start Harvester

Craft File
Boss Hogg

Edited by castille7

7 hours ago, Cupcake... said:

I'm lost for words. :0.0: I'd love to try it but I think my PC would get a hernia. :(

Cupcake...

Thank you for the kind comment and humor, sorry for the large craft file. I bought a gaming computer mainly for this game.

12 hours ago, Cupcake... said:

I'm lost for words. :0.0: I'd love to try it but I think my PC would get a hernia. :(

Cupcake...

Same, my computer hates stuff above 200,but still can work the 300-something part Spirit of Kerbin (MY WIP PROJECT IS TO REVIVE BY A SUCCESSFUL LAUNCH), AND can lagathon past 600 though (proven with macey dean laniakea carrier). I might get this giant block of lag, cuz it is my Christmas present to Jeb :D

Edited by Ogcorp CEO

26 minutes ago, Ogcorp CEO said:

Same, my computer hates stuff above 200,but still can work the 300-something part Spirit of Kerbin (MY WIP PROJECT IS TO REVIVE BY A SUCCESSFUL LAUNCH), AND can lagathon past 600 though (proven with macey dean laniakea carrier). I might get this giant block of lag, cuz it is my Christmas present to Jeb :D

I do have a few Mini Craft and plan to release a Mini Shuttle soon. If you would like to try any click on the link on my auto signature My Crafts on Kerbal-X . At the moment I am trying to keep my Mini Shuttle from exploding on reentry :mad:

Edited by castille7

On 12/24/2015 at 4:05 PM, RevanCorana said:

Holy kraken what a wonderful monstruosity, very kerbal. :D 

Thank you RevanCorana!......btw I took all the Krakens out and left only the wonderful in it :cool:

Edited by castille7

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.