no "name/km distant" display on targeted objects in Staging

Hello! Following tutorials and YouTube videos, I have succeeded in managing a number of rendezvous in orbit. (Yay!) I have watched my targeted item come into view and go out of view, and have approached withing a few meters.

However, in all of these tutorials and videos that I see, the targeted object (in Staging) shows a yellow readout of its name and its distance. For example, see here at the time-tick 04:54 in this Scott Manley tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srsiLZLPiv0#t=4m54s

But the objects that I target, and with which I rendezvous, do not show this yellow display! To check my distance while approaching, I keep having to switch to Orbit Map and mouse over the targeted object.

I have indeed set the object as a target ("Set Target").

Any ideas? I am using version 1.x on Mac (Yosemite). Let me know if I can add any information. Thanks very much!

Brooke

Reactordrone, it looks like that was it! I toggled f4, and it's on. (At first it only showed distance unless I moused over the object for the name. Later, it showed distance and object.)

I must have pressed f4 rather than f5 sometime or other while quick-saving.

Thanks! I'll look again at key-bindings to see what else I might be missing. :)

Brooke

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.