Craft save management

I was thinking at how difficult it is to find the proper craft file to load in the VAB/SPH...

As the game progress, you end up with lots and lots of craft files, either valids craft and numerous prototypes, and i always find the load craft GUI really difficult to navigate... It's a just a list displayer, small, and the thumbnails are tiny, it always confuse me...

Yes, keep your craft in order with good names help a lot, but you'll eventually end up with 50 or more files, all mixed together without any criterion.

I think that the load craft GUI will make good use of a custom folders system!

Grouping craft file into folders will help a lot organize a big number of craft files...

Even if you simply create folders for tie a craft to his prototypes you spend a lot less time searching for them.

Then you can group the folder into other folders by mission or craft purpose, and so on, generating and organized tree of craft files!

I think this is needed really badly.

Also, i would love to see a Player folder to save my most used crafts... any time i need some of my most used crafts, i need to go to the folder outgame at one of my other career or sandbox save and copy them into my new save or keep the whole mass of files into the stock craft folder, creating an even bigger mess... it's a really bad system to manage and share files... A player save folder will help a lot!

Edited by Keymaster89

I dunno, I find it a pain to mess with many folders and I forget what I put where, I'd like the craft load menu to sort craft by their type (Ship, probe, etc, we'd need to be able to set this in the editor) and I'd like a search box/filter so I can type in part of the name and it'll only show the matches.

26 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

I dunno, I find it a pain to mess with many folders and I forget what I put where, I'd like the craft load menu to sort craft by their type (Ship, probe, etc, we'd need to be able to set this in the editor) and I'd like a search box/filter so I can type in part of the name and it'll only show the matches.

That will also help!

But both solutions don't exclude each other! ^^ 

Yeah, both those features would be awesome.

What I do now is that I have two subfolders under saves/<save>/Ships/VAB, called Museum and Testing range, where Museom is old craft that I'll probably not use anymore, and Testing range are old testing constructs for subcomponents.

They are hidden away from the craft loading menu, and if I need them, I'll just copy them back.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.