I'm increasingly starting to hate KerbalStuff.

Clockwork13

9 minutes ago, SolidJuho said:

Yeh, but i still like ckan interface :)

me too. but i think nexus would be easier to maintain than manually updating github links in ckan?

the question is what would it take for the NMM to support KSP? and would mod devs and users accept and use it?

3 minutes ago, Umlüx said:

me too. but i think nexus would be easier to maintain than manually updating github links in ckan?

the question is what would it take for the NMM to support KSP? and would mod devs and users accept and use it?

Well, in Nexus you can either download the mod file and install it manually in your game or use its mod manager. Since I only use Nexus for Fallout 3 mods and I use FOMM, I've never used their mod manager. But it probably can be set to mod KSP.

I used the Nexus mod manager extensively for Skyrim. I used a comparably heavy mod load too, upwards of 2Gb of mods. There were the usual problems of installing multiple mods over the top of one another, load ordering, that sort of thing, but nothing that didn't just come from me being mod-greedy.

TBH CKANs dodgy mod-uninstall caused me some major headaches in the past...

2 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Nexus mod manager does need an account, tho.

Posting on the forums requires an account too, and that doesn't set us back from using it.

Besides, registering there is free.

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, Umlüx said:

besides, many of us are already using nexus with other games.

but the core question if (enough) mod devs would be willing to use it still stands.

I'd be more worried about who is willing to set up and maintain the site, I'm sure it will take at least some continuous supervision?

6 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

I'd be more worried about who is willing to set up and maintain the site, I'm sure it will take at least some continuous supervision?

thats the trick. nobody has to. nexus is a running and established system.

it's not perfect, but compared to curse the lesser evil.

Edited by Umlüx

Just now, Umlüx said:

thats the trick. nobody has to. nexus is a running and established system.

it's not perfect, but compared to curse the lesser evil.

If so, then all the more awesome - Doesn't someone have to administer/moderate the mods or something?

10 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

No mods on that site yet, don't jump the gun.

Still, quite clearly NOT the emergency some people feared.

Just saw that thread titled something like "SQUAD - remember you made you who you are" or some BS, I mean who talks like that?

2 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Just saw that thread titled something like "SQUAD - remember you made you who you are" or some BS, I mean who talks like that?

Children.

3 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Several people of varying ages.

Edited by BloodDusk

7 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Children.

Maybe you should read the actual note on the kerbalstuff page?? The way squad has been ignoring the site and the legal threats are some of the reason he himself used for shutting down the site.

It is obvious he puts alot of this blame on squad as well as the community.

So if you think this is bull, then go blame SirCmpwn instead.

Edit: And in case you were to lazy to read the whole message:

As thanks, Squad continues to endorse Curse as the official source for KSP mods. They refuse to even mention Kerbal Stuff in public. During the early days, they even pursued me legally for the use of the word "Kerbal" in the name (this was before they registered the trademark).

Edited by boxman

4 minutes ago, boxman said:

Maybe you should read the actual note on the kerbalstuff page?? The way squad has been ignoring the site and the legal threats are some of the reason he himself used for shutting down the site.

So if you think this is bull, then go blame SirCmpwn instead.

What, and then the ridiculous language will be justified? No.

And the points you make have been made, with varying degrees of success already.

lol - Legal "threat"

Don't forget he [SirCmpwn] also spent a similar number of words blaming the community, which is you and me mate.

Edited by p1t1o

Just now, p1t1o said:

What, and then the ridiculous language will be justified? No.

And the points you make have been made, with varying degrees of success already.

lol - Legal "threat"

Don't forget he [SirCmpwn] also spent a similar number of words blaming the community, which is you and me mate.

And if you read my post you would see I included the community part.