Looking for the best VTOL F-35 & F-14 with motorized wings for KOS development

So I've gotten pretty good at KOS  while building a wingman script for my F-22. 

I want some more craft for development, but simply don't have the hundreds of hours needed to build another really good replica.

I'm looking for the best working VTOL F-35 to program VTOL takeoff and precise, location based landings.

I'm also looking for an F-14 with working mechanical wings.  I want to write code to make the wings autonomously increase/decrease the radius of turns in order to help keep the wingman in position during intense maneuvers.  Or decrease G force when it's getting to much for a kerbal to handle.

If you have, or know of any one who has a really good replica of either one of these, please let me know.  I'll post all the development here.

ghRRBR9.png

0D9abkV.png

Edited by clown_baby

34 minutes ago, He_162 said:

A user named Soundwave has a really good F-35 with a motorized bomb bay.

https://kerbalx.com/Soundwave/Lockheed-Martin-F-35A-Lightning-II-modded

Mods

• BahamutoD’s Armory
  • Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics
  • Squad (stock)
  • TweakScale - Rescale Everything!

Yeah that one is awesome, no VTOL though.  I actually have a old VTOL version, I was looking for something better.

IqUpbhg.png

alkp6mU.png

I actually have an F-14 I gave up on too if anyone wants to try and finish it.

My version has vtol. It doesn't have a cargo bay, for weapons nor the front vtol engine. But it does have too many engines (3 back and 3 vtol, idk but it made sense when I was building, plus it doesn't look too bad so...)

This is of course with kerbpaint, but you can download a non-kerbpaint version. This is stock btw. (there are parts in this video where the f-35 is seen in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SQuEiy4i3I)

Download (there is a kerbpaint version and a non-kerbpaint version. Download the one according to if your using kerbpaint or not)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzxHcRlvkLMQOXM1b2E3bU9vOTQ&usp=sharing

Some things I want to say. The vtol engines all have to be activated and and the two front and back ones have to be in wet mode (yellow exhaust) so that it can lift off. The actions groups only toggle 1 of the three back engines because if it toggled 3 (I angled some of them so that it would look better) the exhaust would come out in weird directions. 

Edited by manni01

I really dig the f-35.  I took it apart but unfortunately it wont meet my needs.  I want one that works like the real thing.  I've been using the parts from this mod to try and build one.

8DgR7Ba.png

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/quiztech-aero-pack

I've actually just gone ahead and started working on the 14 again.  The disc parts actually hold up ok.

wAAgtAz.png

Zeqtiur.png

pHIuFCH.png

Edited by clown_baby

• 5 months later...

My kerbalized K-14 "TomKat":

89 parts (drop tanks included)...

eZ8UUHt.jpg

7ICcxnH.jpg

... with already working moving wings (Infernal Robotic required MANDATORY, or craft will not work)

tzom8tB.jpg

KLN6k8X.jpg

GC2R4n7.jpg

For some more images (and istructions to how operate the wings):

http://imgur.com/a/XqZNf

Craft: K-14 B "TomKat"

Development History:
... probably my "oldest" plane still converted and adapted to the latest KSP version since 0.90, and proudly capable to go up to the pole and back from KSC (NOT all the time in afterburner mode, or you fall short on the return leg: advice to use the "wet mode" only for half of the flight time)

Action groups:
1- Switch between engines "wet" and "dry" mode (gimbal is disabled by default at SPH)
2- Toggle engine
3- Toggle landing/take off flaps
4- Toggle Airbrakes

0- Toggle ladder

Usage:
Take Off speed (full wing extended, flap down): ~80 m/s or above (very responsive plane: it should not crash any engine on take off, but be careful)
Safe Landing speed (full wing extended, flap down):  from 110 to 75 m/s (but it can sustain even faster landing)
Stall speed: untested, but it is capable to go "a lot slower" than the nominal take off speed, with full extended flaps and wings.
Speed: at hi altitude, probably 2+ mach in afterburner. (I forgot the best speed it could go, but it's pretty fast)

Drop tanks should empty by themselves before main tanks fuel is needed. Stage them once used. Drop tanks hardpoints could be used (if disabling the decoupler on the SPH) as mounting points for BDArmory weapons (ventral one could be erased, to add F-14's "AIM-54 Phoenix" missiles).

Edited by Araym

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.