How is the Weather?

Starhawk

9 minutes ago, Atlas2342 said:

Sunny, partly windy, hot, sunny, hot, windy, did I mention hot?

BTW to all those who live in places where there is snow, what does it feel like [the snow] ?

The consistency and therefore the feel of snow varies enormously depending on conditions.  Fresh, fluffy snow can feel very soft and can be quite cushioning if you fall into a pile of it.  To pick it up in your hand feels cold.  It begins to melt immediately upon touching your skin, so then it gets wet and feels even colder.

Snow that is in conditions very near to freezing will be soft but sticky.  Easily rolled into a convenient sized ball for throwing.  Also very commonly used to make snow-people and snow forts (from which you launch your snowballs).

Dealing with snow on a regular basis is very tedious.  It must be cleared from roads and sidewalks.  If it stays cold for a long time, the snow continues to accumulate and becomes even more difficult to deal with.  Roads become slippery and dangerous and day-to -day life is made more difficult.  Those of us who deal with it a lot tend to welcome spring very enthusiastically.

Happy landings!

48 minutes ago, DolphinDude3 said:

Unless it continues snowing during Spring like it is where I live... :(

It's snowing here, too. And NO, I do NOT live in Siberia:P

For the past two days, there has been an explosion of Springtime weather and conditions: temperatures in the 60's, blooming foliage, the occasional rain or thunder storm, and mostly sunny days. HOWEVER, it is now in the 30's-40's with snow flurries, tropical storm-force winds (25-60 mph), and a thick overcoat of stratus clouds. Then again, I nearly got a blizzard on March 20-something, so go figure.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.