7th Gen Fighter Championship

Welcome to the 7th Gen Fighter Championship

Loral%20Stealth%20Fighter%201023.jpg

There is 12 places left!!!!

Rules:

-Mods : BDArmory NO MORE

-Maximum of three engines Phanthers only!!

-Must have future look

-maximum of 6 missiles

-no guns ( turrets, canon, and stuff lioke those)

-Must have a good speed

-Need to be controlled by an AI but also need a Kerbal

-Must be as light weight as possible but still able to reach the island's runway

To Win, you need to :

-Destroy the enemy

-Be able to land back

-The Kerbal must be alive and able to get out of the plane!

To be in the championship you need to defeat my F-22 Raptor

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o0308tesk091xur/Lockheed+Martin+F-22A+Raptor+Armed.craft

To Post your plane! :

The Name

Special Features ( optionnal )

Picture

Download Link

And a picture showing your plane destroying the f-22

Good Luck!!

7th generation fighters do not have categories yet, like bomber, fighter, etc, they can simply do any job asked of it.

The current known status for a 7th generation fighter would be:

Mach 4 capability.

Supermaneuverability.

Stealth technology.

Advanced Radar systems built into the skin of the aircraft, like a living body.

Onboard guns with bullets that track the target in flight.

The "fighters" would look similar to this:

http://www.jcrb.com/junfa/jdxw/200806/W020080626510998448337.JPG

The aircraft image you have is the F-19 project, which was a fighter jet designed to be capable of mach 4 speeds, but it was cancelled.

Here are examples of 7th generation fighter concepts, and examples of planes that could easily fit those requirements listed in my previous post.

Sr-72 project

High speed bomber concept

Highly maneuverable, high speed fighter

Semi-delta configuration fighter

Outboard engine with hidden intakes design (That improves drag problem, and allows much higher speeds in supercruise, like mach 3, without having to cool the air before it enters)

Forward swept wing fighter

It seems like a 7th generation fighter might have Whiplash engines instead of the Panther engines, due to super/hyper-sonic capabilities envisioned for most 7th Gen fighters. Also, if you're using missiles, would you allow countermeasures like smoke-screen/chaff/flares? Also, no guns? I'd consider allowing at least the Browning .50cal MG; as it can't gimbal around so you have to aim it using the plane itself; and it's basically the worst gun in BD Armory. 

Edited by AeroArchonite_

6 hours ago, Mordecai_Ender said:

it need to be panths cuzwiplash don't have spermanoeuvrability

Nonsense. If this is stock, my Stock-atmosphere stock-parts full-scale F-16 replica is supermaneuverable (if not particularly easy to control) with its gimbal locked and torque off.

Also, why not mixed engines? A balanced fighter can supermaneuver, even in FAR, on a single Panther. No need for three of them. I'd rather go for 2 panthers and a whiplash, or 1 panther and 2 whiplashes. Made a supersonic transport using 2 of each and it could reach Mach 4 at sea level. Temperature limits be damned (which of course causes problems).

Also, if we're talking about 6th+ gen fighters, FAR is probably a requirement, and the AI probably can't handle realistic designs since it assumes stability in many situations where it shouldn't for rudderless craft.

Edited by Pds314

• 2 months later...

7th gen is going to be UCAV & most likely autonomous, if there is even role you can call "fighter" by then. I can't see lasers happening unless we suddenly get hot superconductors :P

* you don't need panthers to be supermaneuverable
* why on earth would you want a supermaneuverable hypersonic craft.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.