Where did your username come from?

spacebrick3

I'm a SciFi fan. For many years I read the "Perry Rhodan" magazine series which originated in germany.
And Cairol is one of the important "higher entities" in the series,
plus he has a robotic body, which makes him a good choice for "techy" things I do in the internet.
That's why my avatar also shows him.

Edited by Cairol

Because once, at Christmas, I had a giant massive long stick of a Jaffa Cake packet and I ran about wielding it like a sword. (Or lightsaber):sticktongue: I really like Star Wars too.

I use this name for everything on the internet.

Edited by JaffaPadawan

Mine came to be when I moved to Europe for a while, and I saw pine tress. Never having seen them for reals, since I live close to the equator, I fell in love with their simplistic shape and neat lines. I like pine tress, and green, so yeah!

When I was a kid (wayy back in 2007/8) my username for Roblox was "NUTTY555" because of so randumb lel. I eventually changed it to Nutt_005 for my steam username, and then it evolved into Nutt007 and I got attached to it.

I've been stuck with this username ever since.

A friend of mine coined the nickname and I have used it ever since

It comes from my previous career in electro-mechanical engineering (among other things) from which I have retired and that I am a tattoo artist and a medical patient alternative treatment consultant in my retirement

My name evolved from looking around my room one day and picking something I could use as a nickname.  I had a small CRT TV set made by Orion, and I added "Ator" on the end, since I thought it sounded cool.

So we had Orionator.  Some time later I replaced that with Draco, because a forum I was a part of couldn't find me (I already used Draconiator in an IRC chat room), so there ya go :)

My username had been "Wile E. Coyote" for a long time (me and my father loved that cartoon character), but I kept being bothered when playing Quake I with friends (that was during the previous millennium, I know) because the username length limitation of the game forced me to butcher it.

Then I saw a "Simpons" episode where Bart tags "el barto" everywhere in Springfield, and no one realizes that's him.

Next day, right before I joined our Quake game, I knew exactly which username I would use from now on... :D

Edited by el_coyoto

Mine came from the game Gunpoint.

In the level editor if you do not name your level the game will jokingly tell you to give it a name, anything besides "Blanjipan".

Of course, right away, I named mine Blanjipan, and as a punishment, it would not let me save, again, jokingly saying "I told you not to call it that."

I thought the name was amazing, and here I am now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.