Game running at 6fps due to - Argument Exception: no PartModules found for type "Wheel"

Hello,

I've recently run head-first into a problem in career mode of my modded KSP install (bare in mind, everything is OK on sandbox).
The game spams check for wheel parts, resulting in fps drops that make game mostly unplayable. It slows down in KSC and during flight, but otherwise is running at stable 60 fps in VAB/SPH.

Here is my current mod list (warning, 58 lines of text, thank CKAN):
EDIT 1: Removed Filter Extensions, mod was guilty of spamming checks for partmodule "wheel". Yet, the problem still exists, the framerate is running at smooth 60 fps in main menu, VAB/SPH and crew quarters, slows down to 10-15fps on vessel launch or KSC screen.
With GTX 970 and i7 CPU hardware is not the problem. I'll try uninstalling mods one by one and check which one makes the game to slow down.

EDIT 2: Problem seems to originate from Contract Configurator mod. Checking the install furhter.

Spoiler

[x] Science! (xScience 4.15)
Ambient Light Adjustment (AmbientLightAdjustment 2.5.6.4)
Asphalt Tiles (AsphaltTiles 1.1)
CapCom - Mission Control On The Go (CapCom 2.1)
Chatterer (Chatterer 0.9.8)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 0.5.0.0)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.10.4)
Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) (GAP 1.2.3)
Contract Parser (ContractParser 2.0)
Contract Reward Modifier (ContractRewardModifier 2.2)
CxAerospace: Station Parts Pack (CxAerospace 0.16)
Distant Object Enhancement (DistantObject v1.7.0)
Distant Object Enhancement default config (DistantObject-default v1.7.0)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.2.3)
Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.3)
Docking Port Sound FX (DockingPortSoundFX 2.1)
EVAManager (EVAManager 8)
EveBiomesPlus (EveBiomesPlus 1.0)
Ferram Aerospace Research (FerramAerospaceResearch 3:0.15.6.1)
Filter Extensions - Plugin (FilterExtensions 2.5.0) REMOVED, mod responsible for ArgumentException: No partmodules found for type "Wheel"
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.2.1)
Graphic Memory Monitor (GCMonitor 1.4.1.0)
Hangar Grid (HangarGrid 0.3.0)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 0.5.6)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.2.7)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (KerbalJointReinforcement v3.1.5)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1-0-1)
KW Rocketry Redux (KWRocketryRedux 3.0.1)
KW Rocketry Redux - Instant Power Response Configs (KWRocketryRedux-InstantPwr 3.0.1)
Launch Numbering (LaunchNumbering 0.2.0)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.5.7.0)
Mk1 Cockpit RPM Internals (Mk1RPMInternal 2.11b)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.1.3.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 2.6.22)
'Otter' Submersible (USI-SubPack 0.1.1.0)
Porkalike Rapier (PorkalikeRapier 1.2)
Progress Parser (ProgressParser 3.0)
RasterPropMonitor (RasterPropMonitor 1:v0.25.1.28297)
RasterPropMonitor Core (RasterPropMonitor-Core 1:v0.25.1.28297)
RCS Build Aid (RCSBuildAid 0.7.7-14)
Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v10.5.1)
Real Plume - Stock Configs (RealPlume-StockConfigs v0.10.6)
SafeChute (SafeChute v1.9.0)
SCANsat (SCANsat v16.0)
Science - Full reward! (NMSG 2.0)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.6.15.0)
Sounding Rockets! (SoundingRockets 0.4.1.0)
ToadicusTools (ToadicusTools 19)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1.7.11)
TriggerAu Flags (TriggerAu-Flags v2.7.4.0)
TweakableEverything (TweakableEverything 1.15)
USI Tools (USITools 0.7.1.0)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.5.0)

Here is debug console shot:

Spoiler

ECM03Ov.png

Also, log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/trlr7dwwpuob74q/output_log.txt?dl=0

If I can help by adding any more information, ask away, I'll be happy to provide.

Edited by Ja222
added log file, updated OP with new information.

Please see the sticky thread in this sub-forum for details of how to provide a log file:

The log almost certainly contains more information about these errors (e.g. a full stack trace showing where in the code the problem is happening).

43 minutes ago, Ja222 said:

Updated OP with new information.

The log shows that those exceptions are happening in ContractConfigurator:

ArgumentException: No PartModules found for type 'Wheel'.
  at ContractConfigurator.Validation.ValidatePartModuleType (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.All[String] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.PartModuleTypeUnlockedRequirement.RequirementMet (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement.CheckRequirement (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement.RequirementsMet (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract, ContractConfigurator.ContractType contractType, IEnumerable`1 contractRequirements) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Rethrow as Exception: ContractConfigurator: Exception checking requirements!

UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement:RequirementsMet(ConfiguredContract, ContractType, IEnumerable`1)
ContractConfigurator.ContractType:MeetExtendedRequirements(ConfiguredContract, ContractType)
ContractConfigurator.<ContractGenerator>d__27:MoveNext()
ContractConfigurator.<ContractGenerator>d__26:MoveNext()
ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader:Update()

Exactly why is not clear but, assuming you are using the latest version, there is probably an incompatibility with another mod. Try having a read through the last few pages of the mod's thread:

...and, if it isn't already mentioned then post there.  Also, it would be a good idea to suggest to them that it could be very useful if their exception handler could output a little more info about what part it is (there is a KSP class called Wheel but no (obvious) way of knowing what part it is having the problem...

Thank you for your answers, i'd never suspect the CC was the root of the problem.

What is strange though, is that I simply loaded up game (without Real Plume, Porkalike Rapier, Sounding Rockets and Otter Submersible+USI tools), and simply left it running for 3-4 hours, without even moving out of KSC screen after loading.
When I left it, it was running at 9-10 fps, and when I came back it was running at stable 60 fps even after scene change ad launching a vessel. -_-'

Trying to replicate now, but as it is rather time consuming... ah well. In the meantime I will check if anybody with CC had problems like the one described above.

Contract Configurator runs some complex stuff in the background for a while after you initially load and then it stops.  It only seems to cause the slowdown while this background work is being done.  I think this is all explained (or at least mentioned) in the CC thread...

Edited by Padishar

The wheel errors probably wouldn't cause any performance issues.  There's a bug there in that it's not saying what contract is causing it (I'm guessing GAP).  I fixed that part for the next release.  Undecided on whether I'll do something in Contract Configurator to handle the changed wheel modules automaticaly or force it on the downstream contract packs (leaning towards the latter).

As far as the actual issue, it could be because of the Biome data load, but it shouldn't be taking it down to 6 fps.  I've got some stuff that I'm going to look at for this for the next release (not sure if the performance of the underlying PQS system got worse in 1.1 or if we're just seeing more reports because everybody is starting new games).

Also, I have never seen this before:

[OD] ERROR: getting attribute with unloaded CBmap EveBiomesPlus/EveBiomes.png of path EveBiomesPlus/EveBiomes.png, autoload = True

Google didn't tell me anything useful.  Is this "Eve Biomes Plus" another mod?  Is it actually 1.1 compatible.  If it's a mod, does removing it change the performance at all?

1 hour ago, Padishar said:

Contract Configurator runs some complex stuff in the background for a while after you initially load and then it stops.  It only seems to cause the slowdown while this background work is being done.  I think this is all explained (or at least mentioned) in the CC thread...

Yeah, it is mentioned, but other users mention times in bounds of 1-2 mins, not 3-4 hours.

33 minutes ago, nightingale said:

The wheel errors probably wouldn't cause any performance issues.  There's a bug there in that it's not saying what contract is causing it (I'm guessing GAP).  I fixed that part for the next release.  Undecided on whether I'll do something in Contract Configurator to handle the changed wheel modules automaticaly or force it on the downstream contract packs (leaning towards the latter).

As far as the actual issue, it could be because of the Biome data load, but it shouldn't be taking it down to 6 fps.  I've got some stuff that I'm going to look at for this for the next release (not sure if the performance of the underlying PQS system got worse in 1.1 or if we're just seeing more reports because everybody is starting new games).

Also, I have never seen this before:

[OD] ERROR: getting attribute with unloaded CBmap EveBiomesPlus/EveBiomes.png of path EveBiomesPlus/EveBiomes.png, autoload = True

Google didn't tell me anything useful.  Is this "Eve Biomes Plus" another mod?  Is it actually 1.1 compatible.  If it's a mod, does removing it change the performance at all?

Removing Eve Biomes is not helping, yes it is a mod, yes it is compatible with 1.1. Here is the link to it: 

On the other hand removing ContractConfigurator brings my fps back to stable 60 fps. No idea why is it this way, but I guess that I'll just play w/o it for few weeks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.