Mod Issues

Ok so I'm running into an issue and Its driving me crazy. I already accidentally lost my saved game ive had for years because of it. (my fault for not backing it up)

Anyway so here is the deal. Obviously when 1.1.2 dropped it was time to make sure im getting the updated version as to not cause compatability issues. I literally wrote down the mods I use on a piece of paper, deleted every single mod out of my gamedata folder. And one by one waited for my mods to be updated so I can download and install. (side note: I use steam so the update tp 1.1.2 is automatically done as long as you have opted into the beta program. Which i have) So anyway, when i seen 1.1.2 was released I did as i said above. I made sure that all my mods were updated before i even started playing again. Once i got all my mods set up I started the game.

The issue is that for some reason while starting up it says my version of KSP is not compatible with a few of my mods. KIS, Interstellarfeulswitch, and a few others. I double checked and made sure that i had the right updated mods which I do. So basically its telling me that I have not updated to the new 1.1.2 version. Like i said I use steam so it should have updated to 1.1.2 automatically. I even started looking around to try and download the patch so i could do it manually but i cant even find it to download. Is anybody else having this problem or am I just being stupid  and missing something?

2 hours ago, Upchurch231 said:

(side note: I use steam so the update tp 1.1.2 is automatically done as long as you have opted into the beta program. Which i have)

There's your problem. If you are still using the beta option your version is still the old 1.1 prerelease. The release version and both patches were released through the regular release channel.

Ok 2 things, you need to opt out of the beta as 1.1.2 is a full release. And with that said, if I'm not mistaken the warning is just a "hey there might be problems." not necessarily a confirmation that there are problems. I'm pretty sure that is just AVC checking the version in a config file and nothing else. So it can sometimes be ignored. 

Also as there is no drm with KSP you could always make a new install elsewhere for playing and just have your Steam copy as a master install. This means you can have different mod sets for different installs and never worry about a Steam update  messing with your game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.