EXCELSIOR CLASS release

cd7890

If you attach the least fuel efficient rocket to a fuel tank, and attach that to the command pod and launch, you can leave the planet's gravitational pull entirely.

would the least fuel efficient one be the E-1000 ?

A small suggestion maybe?

If these are supposed to be used for long travel, why not make them nearly useless in Atmo. Once we have a moon to go to, one of these would be AWESOME to have for space travel use and retro rocket use

A small suggestion maybe?

If these are supposed to be used for long travel, why not make them nearly useless in Atmo. Once we have a moon to go to, one of these would be AWESOME to have for space travel use and retro rocket use

if i make them useless in the atmosphere then it defeats the purpose of the -800 and -1000 series since those happen to be of most use in lower stages

man the E-1000's are redonkulous.. way over powered and thus makes them insanely fuel efficient..

case in point, look at the below picture and note what my thrust is at, and yes i have 5 of the E-1000's on this thing because i was bored as you can tell by all the XL fuel tanks :D

d639K.jpg

Note to self- don't mix 1 E-1000 in the center slot of the 5x1m plate with 4 normal LFRs, or you exceed it's strength limit.

NTS2- 5 of the 600s can't be run at over 1/3 power, but the fuel will last forever if you do.

Jeez- 4 E800s under 2 3m tanks went to 10.1km/s @ 2.75m km. Thrust was limited to 1/3 power due to structure strength

ETA 4- I put 3 of the E1000 motors under a single stock fuel tank and command capsule and the poor buggers are over 300km up and still burning., burnout was at 342km and 1900m/s

man the E-1000's are redonkulous.. way over powered and thus makes them insanely fuel efficient..

case in point, look at the below picture and note what my thrust is at, and yes i have 5 of the E-1000's on this thing because i was bored as you can tell by all the XL fuel tanks :D

d639K.jpg

well,that shows the power of those engines

Note to self- don't mix 1 E-1000 in the center slot of the 5x1m plate with 4 normal LFRs, or you exceed it's strength limit.

NTS2- 5 of the 600s can't be run at over 1/3 power, but the fuel will last forever if you do.

Jeez- 4 E800s under 2 3m tanks went to 10.1km/s @ 2.75m km. Thrust was limited to 1/3 power due to structure strength

ETA 4- I put 3 of the E1000 motors under a single stock fuel tank and command capsule and the poor buggers are over 300km up and still burning., burnout was at 342km and 1900m/s

that is why the E-1000's may be retired,they are just too powerful to be used normally

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.