• 0
Sign in to follow this  
davidpsummers

can't plant flag

Question

I have landed on the Mun.  I have all my Kerbals gathered for a little flag planting ceremony, just like I've done dozens of times before.  But there is no "plant flag" button to press!

 

Any ideas on what is wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

Can other Kerbals on other celestial bodies still plant flags -- if you launch one to the runway, for example?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
27 minutes ago, davidpsummers said:

I have landed on the Mun.  I have all my Kerbals gathered for a little flag planting ceremony, just like I've done dozens of times before.  But there is no "plant flag" button to press!

Any ideas on what is wrong?

The Mun was already claimed for England...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
30 minutes ago, davidpsummers said:

I have landed on the Mun.  I have all my Kerbals gathered for a little flag planting ceremony, just like I've done dozens of times before.  But there is no "plant flag" button to press!

Any ideas on what is wrong?

Have you upgraded the Astronaut Complex?  You need to upgrade it at least one notch to be able to plant flags.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Snark said:

Have you upgraded the Astronaut Complex?  You need to upgrade it at least one notch to be able to plant flags.

 

Yes.  I've already planted a dozens of flags...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
22 minutes ago, davidpsummers said:

Yes.  I've already planted a dozens of flags...

Hm. Well, that's weird.

I assume that the answer to this following question is "no" or you would have said, but just to make sure: when you took all your kerbals out, did you plant a flag from one of them before trying to plant another one?  I've noticed a game bug that when I have multiple kerbals on EVA, and one of them plants a flag, they all lose their flag.

Other than that, no clue.  Does the problem persist even if you quicksave/quickload?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Or close the game and open it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 hours ago, bewing said:

Can other Kerbals on other celestial bodies still plant flags -- if you launch one to the runway, for example?

Good question!  

So I tried it an I could.  So I decided I should play with the situations of the Kerbal who I want to plant a flag.  It turns out all I had to do was have him jump in the air and "bam", the option was there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this