World change at contact

Toonu

I wondered what will happen to the churches of the world in case, we will make contact to other species. And because a lot of churches have us as the only people made by god, this can cause problems. So my qustions is...will churches collapse? Or what can potentially break up...features like world panic or something like that. I heard before some time Christian Church say it is possible to have life on other planets. But still I think this can collapse many churches and religions. What u think?

Toonu

EDIT: Ups, I'm sorry, I found this is in wrong forum section. Again, sorry for that, can someone put it into discussions or something simillar?

Edited by Toonu

Will religion collapse? Only if people completely lose the desire to have position (whether political, physical or moral) over other people and I don't see that as likely.

Somehow will come up with a pseudo smart argument that they are also made by gods, are gods, prank by governments, accept it yet still be delusional about god, civil war, anarchy blah blah blah

I mean people say that dinosaur fossils were put by the devil to confuse us ffs...

1 hour ago, p1t1o said:

Will religion collapse? Only if people completely lose the desire to have position (whether political, physical or moral) over other people and I don't see that as likely.

Yes, no major religion has no aliens as important dogma, aliens are an far to new concept. 
You are likely to get a lot of new nutty religions, we already have stuff like that, this and popular culture changes like movies will be the primary effect.  
Nothing political