Kerbal Air Regulations Aircraft Hanger

Welcome to the Kerbal Air Regulations Aircraft Hanger (KARAH)! The Kerbal Air Regulations (KAR) is simply a bunch of standards Kerbal aircraft should have to be over Kerbin. These are similar to the regulations held by the Federal Aviation Association (FAA) in real life. These rules are to establish safety for aircraft.

The KARAH is a garage thread for a mission report series where I will be performing routine flights over Kerbin using KerbalKonstructs for airports. I will be using aircraft listed here along with whatever else is provided! The crafts are used in this thread-

To apply:

Simply post your craft here and your desire to be certified along with your craft file (note: crafts do not have to be aircraft! If it belongs in an airport, we can use it! Ie, Jetways, Cargo Carriers, etc). Then I will later take the craft and put it through a series of tests and see how it operates. Should it pass, then it will be added to the hanger and moved into active flight.

Requirements:

Must belong in an airport setting; Be solar or liquid fuel only power sources (NO rocket engines); has 2 or more passenger compartments (of any size), NOT counting the command pod; (For Aircraft) 1 or more air breathing engines; Must be stock, no part mods;

Suggestions for Approval:

For best results, I suggest a craft that can fly on one engine for short duration; is naturally going to pitch up in dive; stabilize itself after being put into dives, rolls, etc; can fly unpowered for short durations; able to go long distances at comfortable speeds; be able to perform slight maneuvers with minimal Gs; takes off of a standard runway (not relying on ramps or the end of the runway);

We have 5 classes for aircraft, we have Ultralight (1-2 passengers, 1 engine, under 1 ton); Light Weight (1-4 passengers, 1-2 engines, 1-2 tons); Commercial (1-12 passengers 2 engines, 3-6 tons); Large (1-36 passengers, 4 engines, 6-10 tons); and International (37+  passengers, 6 engines, 10+ tons).

Aircraft:

Airport Ground Vehicles:

Structures:

Other:

-------------

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Edited by ZooNamedGames

2 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Must belong in an airport setting; Be solar or liquid fuel only power sources

Liquid fuel only, eh? Well, better get cracking on my 1.1 version of the Fallout 4 airliner. Powered by NERVs, if that's okay.

13 minutes ago, THE NARWHAL said:

Liquid fuel only, eh? Well, better get cracking on my 1.1 version of the Fallout 4 airliner. Powered by NERVs, if that's okay.

NERVAs? Sadly not, trying to keep the area nuclear free so no nuclear engines or RTGs. But great question!

2 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I'll throw in a few service vehicles for the airports.

Awesome :) !

Just now, ZooNamedGames said:

NERVAs? Sadly not, trying to keep the area nuclear free so no nuclear engines or RTGs. But great question!

Aww. Well, at least i can throw together a decent looking airliner. By the way, have you considered allowing KAX (A mod that adds propeller parts) to your game? The possibilities for smaller craft and helicopters is enormous.

31 minutes ago, THE NARWHAL said:

Aww. Well, at least i can throw together a decent looking airliner. By the way, have you considered allowing KAX (A mod that adds propeller parts) to your game? The possibilities for smaller craft and helicopters is enormous.

I love KAX, it's a mod I think should become stock, but I want to make this accessible by everyone so I'm leaving it stock.