Include the "allow stock vessels" option when making a sandbox game

We should be able to choose if we want them in sandbox too, I don't want them because they are so many it's hard to find my own ones, and the only way to get rid of them is to delete the files :(

Edit: I want the option so I can turn them off, so I only have my own craft in the load list.

Edited by Michaelo90

This shouldn't be introduced because you can do this yourself.

Go to your main KSP folder.
Then Go to the "Ships" folder in which there is a SPH and VAB folder in which you'll find all the stock ships craft files. Copy any of them or all and paste them into the folder inside your KSP/Saves directory which is the savename of your sandbox save mode and you'll have them ready at your service.

9 minutes ago, Vaporized Steel said:

This shouldn't be introduced because you can do this yourself.

Go to your main KSP folder.
Then Go to the "Ships" folder in which there is a SPH and VAB folder in which you'll find all the stock ships craft files. Copy any of them or all and paste them into the folder inside your KSP/Saves directory which is the savename of your sandbox save mode and you'll have them ready at your service.

Why force people to mess around with the files when they can just include a simple option that's already in the game for other game modes?

@Michaelo90

Dunno what you were getting at honestly, I don't use stock vessels much so I didn't know about this option:lol:

Which is the reason i instructed the TS in the way I did, which works so he does get what he want. You forgot to mention what this option is though.

I just tried starting a new Sandbox game and the stock vessels were there by default, without messing with any option whatsoever. So if you want to introduce the in game option for allowing stock vessels in sandbox, be my guest.

Edited by Vaporized Steel

2 minutes ago, Vaporized Steel said:

Dunno what you were getting at honestly, I don't use stock vessels much so I didn't know about this option:lol:

Which is the reason i instructed the TS in the way I did, which works so he does get what he want. You forgot to mention what this option is though.

I just tried starting a new Sandbox game and the stock vessels were there by default, without messing with any option whatsoever. So if you want to introduce the in game option for allowing stock vessels in sandbox, be my guest.

I know they are there by default, I want the option so I can turn them off, maybe I should have been more clear in the first post.

17 minutes ago, Vaporized Steel said:

@Michaelo90

ahh, like that.

Google gave me this...

Hope it is what you were looking for. It is kind of what I was talking about, but instead you delete the craft files or copy/paste them to a backup folder of your choosing.

I already did that, but I still think the option should be there in sandbox too.

@Michaelo90

hmm, fair point to have this option in sandbox, I think it should be there. I never was bothered that this option was missing, but I can see why anybody would.

I think all options should be available, so this should definitely be part of KSP.

I hope this gets through for you.

Edited by Vaporized Steel

Yes, I'd like a toggle for stock vessels in sandbox too.  An option on starting the save will do,

But I think a better option may be to have a 'Show Stock Vessels' option in the vessel list.  This way we get to hide them if we don't want them cluttering up the list, but don't lose the option to use them if we want to, by showing them again.

5 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

First thing I do after creating a save is edit this in the persistent file to make stock vessels = false.

I do that for my more 'serious' saves.  But I keep them in my 'R&D' saves as they can be handy for just trying stuff out or as a starting point/idea for other stuff.

What I also do is copy the ones I find useful and rename before disabling the use of stock vessels. 

On 3.7.2016 at 11:11 PM, pandaman said:

Yes, I'd like a toggle for stock vessels in sandbox too.  An option on starting the save will do,

But I think a better option may be to have a 'Show Stock Vessels' option in the vessel list.  This way we get to hide them if we don't want them cluttering up the list, but don't lose the option to use them if we want to, by showing them again.

This, or a browsable folder structure, where the stock-vessels reside in a folder called ´stock´ or something.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.