Have anyone got a mod that adds water jet after launch?

Has anyone ever got, developed, developing or yet to develop am mod that adds water effect after a rocket launch... i have tried with smokes from SRBS to make such effect, but, not got what i expected! here are some photos, which i expect like-

EDIT: water was released during the launch

MN2Sg.jpg

Edited by Neil_Kerman

6 hours ago, wasml said:

Awful lot of people really close - assume this isn't right after launch. What purpose does this serve?

Sound damping mainly, if you can call it "sound" at that level. It protects the rocket from the various vibrations/pressure waves reflected from the pad. Probably helps the pad last a bit longer too.

23 hours ago, p1t1o said:

Sound damping mainly, if you can call it "sound" at that level. It protects the rocket from the various vibrations/pressure waves reflected from the pad. Probably helps the pad last a bit longer too.

On 7/8/2016 at 7:15 AM, wasml said:

Awful lot of people really close - assume this isn't right after launch. What purpose does this serve?

It helps the pad to cool down and prevent destroying it! this feature is not available in the stock game, which is bad!

The water is not released after launch. It is released during launch.
@p1t1o is absolutely correct calling it "sound damping" because that is exactly what it does. NASA calls it a Sound Suppression System. (The OP image even comes from the linked article.) It was installed to "protect the orbiter and its payloads from being damaged by acoustical energy reflected from the platform during liftoff."

On 7/9/2016 at 2:05 PM, Tex_NL said:

The water is not released after launch. It is released during launch.
@p1t1o is absolutely correct calling it "sound damping" because that is exactly what it does. NASA calls it a Sound Suppression System. (The OP image even comes from the linked article.) It was installed to "protect the orbiter and its payloads from being damaged by acoustical energy reflected from the platform during liftoff."

Yes, I am sorry for my English... But, is there any mod that add the same in the game?

On 7/9/2016 at 4:23 AM, Neil_Kerman said:

It helps the pad to cool down and prevent destroying it! this feature is not available in the stock game, which is bad!

And that explains why my big rockets always wreck the launch pad. :P

The launch pad has all the signs that it is present. You can see the water tower right next to the launch tower that stores all the water required for activating the water curtain, just like at the NASA launch facility.

5 hours ago, SpaceK531 said:

The launch pad has all the signs that it is present. You can see the water tower right next to the launch tower that stores all the water required for activating the water curtain, just like at the NASA launch facility.

but, no water comes from it... its a better floodlight, than a water tank...

17 hours ago, FungusForge said:

And that explains why my big rockets always wreck the launch pad. :P

Hahaha... Yes, and how the launchpad destroys helplessly! 

20 hours ago, vger said:

When would you ever get see the water during gameplay? At launch the whole platform is buried under smoke.

When I'm launching small rockets, and do really smoke cover the launchpad when you are going for just an orbit?

Another answer: When using a launchpad camera to shoot a cinema in KSP ( thats not during Gameplay though... :P ) 

10 hours ago, Neil_Kerman said:

When I'm launching small rockets, and do really smoke cover the launchpad when you are going for just an orbit?

Another answer: When using a launchpad camera to shoot a cinema in KSP ( thats not during Gameplay though... :P ) 

The water delivery system did not exist before STS-1 because STS-1 was the first mission to feature a payload on the side of the rocket instead of the top. It is pointless to use without a side-payload because the purpose of the system is to protect the payload, not the launch pad. The real launch pad was used in the Apollo days; it does not need any protecting.

12 hours ago, SpaceK531 said:

The water delivery system did not exist before STS-1 because STS-1 was the first mission to feature a payload on the side of the rocket instead of the top. It is pointless to use without a side-payload because the purpose of the system is to protect the payload, not the launch pad. The real launch pad was used in the Apollo days; it does not need any protecting.

I see... I really did not know this before.. Thanks... But any suggestions to get such effect on launchpad?

6 hours ago, Neil_Kerman said:

I see... I really did not know this before.. Thanks... But any suggestions to get such effect on launchpad?

Sounds like your original idea is the most practical, a mod. Maybe time to learn C#?

4 hours ago, SpaceK531 said:

You can make a KSP mod with C#.

i see... But how? I can design models in Blender, but i dont know how to process it through unity... i have learnt C and C++, but i dont know C#... Will you teach me these, or suggest any tutorial?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.