"Christmas Lights" on my lander.

So I just landed a rocket on Duna, loaded some kerbals who have been marooned in my first off world base for more than 40 years. The rocket's landing structs have red and blue lights on it, and I'm pretty sure I didn't put them there. Is this something I need to be worried about. When I lift off, the structs will be jettisoned.

7ERO7CE.png

Pay no mind to the empty fuel tanks and parachutes lying on the ground. They served their purpose.

Edited by Zosma Procyon

3 minutes ago, Zosma Procyon said:

The rocket's landing structs have red and blue lights on it, and I'm pretty sure I didn't put them there. Is this something I need to be worried about.

I don't think they're lights. They look like drag and lift indicators from pressing F12 to show aerodynamic forces. If you press F12 again they should go away.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Jangles said:

I don't think they're lights. They look like drag and lift indicators from pressing F12 to show aerodynamic forces. If you press F12 again they should go away.

That's exactly what they are :)

it's a bit confusing because F12 is the default key for screenshots via the steam overlay, but the same F12 key also toggles the aerodynamic overlay (aero force vectors) in KSP. you'll also often see the "aerodynamics overlay enabled" text message in steam screenshots.

my solution to that little issue was to simply map the aero overlay in KSP to another key (i used the F8 key for it).

26 minutes ago, mk1980 said:

it's a bit confusing because F12 is the default key for screenshots via the steam overlay, but the same F12 key also toggles the aerodynamic overlay (aero force vectors) in KSP. you'll also often see the "aerodynamics overlay enabled" text message in steam screenshots.

my solution to that little issue was to simply map the aero overlay in KSP to another key (i used the F8 key for it).

Or remap steam's screenshot key.

yeah i guess that would also do the trick :) i've used the steam screenshot function before i even got KSP, so it was easier for me to remap KSP rather than "relearn" that some other key is now my steam screenshot key, but i guess it could be just the other way around for other users.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.