Need help with PartTools 1.1 and Unity 5

Hello Fellow Modders,

Im getting back into modding and downloaded the latest version of PartTools1.1 from here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/135228-parttools-for-ksp-112/

ive been through this tutorial: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/135351-correct-installation-of-parttools-11/

First of all, when I download PartTools1.1 and unzip, I get the main asset bundle unity package (PartTools_AssetBundles.unitypackage) and a PartTools folder containing 2 more folders: Editor and Lib. In the tutorial, it says there should be two zip files, one is Legacy and the other is 1.1. Am I using the wrong download link?

I import PartTools_AssetBundles.unitypackage and the PartTools folder, create an empty object, but then when I go to add the modifier, there is no KSP section or PartTools component to import, the closest I've gotten is Add Component -> Scripts -> Asset Loader, which brings up Asset Directory = GameData, Asset Extension = KSP, Asset Definiton Suffix = _bundle.xml, a Load at Start Radio Button, a dropdown menu called Bundle Definitions, and a dropdown called Loaded Bundles, each have a size = 0 underneath. There is no write button! 

How do I properly set this up?

No, the instructions are a bit outdated for the new PartTools... You got the right download...
Unzip, then run the unitypackage... Then you'll need to copy the Editor and Lib folders manually to your Assets folder in your Unity project...That should be it...

Thanks for your help. Unity seems to stop responding (I've uninstall/re-installed) after I drag PartTools into the assets folder during import about halfway through when it's compiling scripts. I've left it for about ten minutes multiple times and it's never finished and always says Unity isn't responding. I'm on a macbook pro latest update 2.5ghz i7 w/ 16 gb of ram. How long should this take/ what can I do to fix this? 

I also get this error when creating a new unity project: UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/Users/myname/.local" is denied.
System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/Directory.cs:131)
System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/Directory.cs:96)
System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Create () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/DirectoryInfo.cs:141)
(wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.DirectoryInfo:Create ()
System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/Directory.cs:116)
System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/Directory.cs:96)
System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Create () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/DirectoryInfo.cs:141)
System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/Directory.cs:116)
Unity.PackageManager.Settings.get_installLocation () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Tools/PackageManager/PackageManager/Settings.cs:33)
Unity.PackageManager.PackageManager.ResumePendingTasks () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Tools/PackageManager/PackageManager/PackageManager.cs:427)
Unity.PackageManager.PackageManager.StartInstance () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Tools/PackageManager/PackageManager/PackageManager.cs:167)
Unity.PackageManager.PackageManager.Start () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Tools/PackageManager/PackageManager/PackageManager.cs:134)
Unity.PackageManager.EntryPoint.Awake () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Tools/PackageManager/PackageManager/PackageManager.cs:461)
UnityEngine.ScriptableObject:CreateInstance()
Unity.PackageManager.PackageManagerMainThread:.cctor() (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Tools/PackageManager/PackageManager/PackageManager.cs:452)
UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:SetLoadedEditorAssemblies(Assembly[])

Any ideas?

Edited by tyronebigumz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.