Sas and target nodes trouble

I have been trying to make an orbital station and I made a homemade inline docking port but I went into control from here on my inline and then selected target but this happened on my navball, and sas just kept it on that blank spot. Its offset somehow. Thanks for the help.

21 hours ago, Willy101 said:

I have been trying to make an orbital station and I made a homemade inline docking port but I went into control from here on my inline and then selected target but this happened on my navball, and sas just kept it on that blank spot. Its offset somehow. Thanks for the help.

Well, the best advice I have is to NOT use the SAS "point at whatever" controls.  While they're not QUITE as bad as they were before about overshooting the mark many times and wasting all your monopropellant, they still do way more of that than they should, and of course there is your problem as well.

The whole "point at whatever" feature only came into the game when we got the unloved Kerbal classes and experience system.  It was an attempt to have something pilots could advance through after they learned how to hit the T button on the keyboard :0.0:, and hey, it DID try to add something marginally useful to the game that we didn't have before.  It would be great if it actually worked.  However, the whole "point to whatever" system is so poorly implemented that I consider it fatally broken.  So I just point my ship manually like I've always done since before we had Kerbal classes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.