KSP on HP EliteBook 8570w

On HP EliteBook 8570w, under Linux Mint, the KSP demo works perfectly, but the full version either freezes at some point during launch, or if it does successfully launch, much of the graphical resources are missing from the screen. However, on the same HP Elitebook 8570w, under Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10, both the KSP demo and full version work perfectly.

Is there a solution for this or am I simply out of luck with the Linux Mint / KSP combination?

Thanks in advance.

It is quite hard to guess your problem as you are neither providing logs nor any detailled explanations...

My two cents: what drivers are you playing the game with for your Nvidia Quadro K1000M? The ones provided by Mint or the ones provided by Nvidia?

I tried running KSP on my Linux Mint and Ubuntu versions with open source drivers and the result is always the same. A KSP window open that's totally black. Music starts playing but no graphics.
Some applications just don't work properly on linux with the open source graphics drivers.

The specific graphical implications and or overall functionality of KSP with open source GPU drivers seems to depend on the type of PCI-E or integrated graphics card your using.

Some GPUs with open source drivers wont show the game at all (like in my case)
Some GPUs do work with open source drivers but have a variety of graphical glitches like you have.
It's strange the Demo works fine and the full game does not. But obtaining the proper GPU drivers is the first thing you should do anyway imo.
So try to figure out what graphics card your running and try to obtain the proprietary Linux Mint proprietary drivers.

If that doesn't solve the problem we can go from there.

Edited by Vaporized Steel

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.