Satellite contracts broken?

Since the 1.2 update, satellite contracts are broken for me. The "Build a new unmanned probe..." is not being checked even if I build a completely new craft. The same craft worked before 1.2. The one I tried has a Probodobodyne OKTO for probe core, Communotron 16 and DTS-M1 antennas, and OX-STAT solar panels. I tried disabling Contract Configurator, but it didn't help.

• 4 weeks later...

I just had my first set of satellite contracts, launched by piloted carrier rocket before I even built my CommNet. They did not complete in the same way you describe, and a bit of experimenting showed that they needed to have a working connection for active probe control in order to complete. Either enabling all ground-stations (I had chosen only KSC as I'm ex Remote Tech user) or disabling CommNet entirely in the difficulty settings would do the trick, or just launching a 2G antenna polar orbit craft and waiting for alignment. But note, acquiring a connection while the contract satellite is loaded does not re-evaluate the contract condition, you'll need to switch away to the space center or other craft and then back to the contract satellite while it has connection for it to complete.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.