MAFman

I'm trying to write a general one size fits all launch script based around Powered Explicit Guidance, but the math is way over my head, and I'm not quite patient enough to write all those formulas...

Can someone help me develop this? I want the final product to be able to pilot a ship from the launch pad to an orbit defined by apoapsis. periapsis, inclination, longitude of ascending node, and argument of periapsis, with the first two being the only mandatory arguments.

I am using a heavily modified (mostly trimmed) variant of Seth Persigehl's launch script for the in-atmospheric flight, including open loop pitch control and open loop heading control.

PEG will kick in once the second stage starts, and the rocket's engine will not shutdown or throttle significantly until cutoff - the rocket will make orbit in one long burn.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.