World of Tanks

Ydoow

I noticed a few people play around here.

Who else? What tanks you got? How long have you been playing?

I was in since the closed beta like...2 years ago, but I played very very on and off.

I\'m recently back into it with a M12 and Tiger P, saving up cash for a Ausf. A. I also have an M3 Lee and M7, but those are just for quick games to make some cash.

Personally I like those small tanks for cash making. Each match is maybe 7 mins long, and it\'s very hard to lose money. I make 5k profit each even if I die and no kills or much spotting.

Sure, I could buy a prem tank for easy cash, but I don\'t want to spend money :P

My username is Ydoow, you can add me or just say hi if I kill you :D

Been playing since open beta on the NA server

I have IS7, T54, Object 704, AMX 50B, Batchat 25t, Lorraine 155 51, Ausf A, KT, Type E, T30, T95, T110E5, Patton, Type 59 and a whole bunch of little stuff and a few premiums.

Currently grinding out the Batchat 155 so I can have a second tier 8 arty for clan wars.

Playing since Aug 15, 2010... roughly two weeks after CBT began, IIRC. Very off and on though; right now I haven\'t played in many months. Have an OBJ 203, IS-8, IS-4, buncha other junk. Tetrarch is my third favorite tank, behind the derp KV and IS-3/8. The AMX 13 90 is very trolly as well.

What nation has the best tanks?

It really depends on playstyle, this is what I know of them

Germany = Big armour, slow tank, OK gun, OK damage

USA = Armour below average except turret, High damage gun, slow reload,good acceleration, bad top speed,

USSR = Good all round tank, speed, damage, armour

French = Armour? Doesn\'t exist. Autoloaders (4-6 clip and long reload between clip). Fast tanks.

China = Only 1 tank tier 8 prem you can\'t buy any more :(

Of course, average armor doesn\'t matter. Once you get to the upper tiers (t8 is best tier) everything you can punch can also punch you. The only tanks with useful endgame armor is probably the IS-7 and T110.

Also, you mixed up US and Russian guns.

Russian guns: great damage, low penetration, low rate of fire.

American guns: mediocre damage, mediocre penetration, superb rate of fire.

Of course when you get to the top tiers as I said things balance out much more.

Guest butt head

i like playing wot i have a... tiger 2 panther 2 m12 vk2801 kv2 amx 12t

i am working on getting credits for m40/43 i have all ready researched it but need 1mill credits before i can buy it amx 12t shouldnt be in my garage much longer other then that XP grinding as is usual

my user name on wot is butt_head say hi if you see me :D

AMX 13 75 / 90 are probably the most fun tanks you can use. I kind of forgot about them when writing my first post. I\'ve solo\'d many Ferdis and Jagtigers with it, as well as a couple of T95s. When you have the right team that engages the enemy instead of peekabooing, you can get behind them and just obliterate.

Guest butt head

AMX 13 75 / 90 are probably the most fun tanks you can use. I kind of forgot about them when writing my first post. I\'ve solo\'d many Ferdis and Jagtigers with it, as well as a couple of T95s. When you have the right team that engages the enemy instead of peekabooing, you can get behind them and just obliterate.

thats exactly the reson i went for it and i asum that means you have played the amx 13 75 and 90 if so do you still have them and if so can i have it? ;P

I quit playing after I got stuck in the gap where I was past the beginner tanks and into the first paid-for tanks. That\'s where I wasn\'t making enough money via matches to cover the cost of repairs and ammo to my paid-for tanks but the matching system would put me in games where the starter tanks were dead from the start.

To advance any farther, I would have had to dedicate more time to playing the game, which I can\'t do.

I got most of my grind completed before the massive spam of tier 8 premiums ruining the matchmaker for tier 4-7, plus I have additional ~2500 battles of beta testing knowledge advantage, so my win rate is ~55%. Win rate is THE thing on wot forums lol

Seriously? 2 tier spread? That\'s only been asked of since ever. I never thought they\'d actually do it.

Dang 2 tier spread?

What about artillery? Honestly a 4 tier spread doesn\'t make a big difference for artillery.

I absolutely hate this game... >:( (or, more accurately, it\'s developers)

Still play it, mind you, have been since beta. There isn\'t a single alternative \'remotely tank simmy multiplayer game with a broad spread of tanks and an active player base\' out there at the moment.

Still, the Farmville business practices WG are pretty lame. will probably quit WoT and go over to Hawken next year despite it having nothing to do with tanks.

WG are ripping people off so badly they\'re managing to finance the development two totally new games out of it while only releasing lame stop-gap mini-features into WoT itself. So much stuff got promised in beta for the launch version, almost none of it\'s actually happened, and a lot of it\'s been forgotten or just plain ignored.

Oh well.

Favourite tank right now is M7-MT since they broke the matchmaker for tier2s.

Sure thing!

1) Add me, Ydoow. I have low tier tanks so we can Platoon (team-up) in some battles.

2) For low tier tanks, don\'t worry about spending points on the Radios. They don\'t impact the battle large enough to warrant the cost; they just slow down how fast you get new tanks.

Speaking of costs, I should explain that.

Gold: This is paid for with money, real money. It\'s optional to play, but some tanks, perks, and utilities can only be bought through gold.

Gold can be converted into experience or Credits, however.

Credits: This is just regular in-game coins you spend; you earn them through battles. Credits buy you new tanks, equipment, repairs, shells and other goodies.

It costs credits to repair your tank from battle, so try to play safe and make profit.

Repairs extend from receiving damage and replacing shells you use in the game, and also any extra 1-time use equipment you buy.

Research: You earn these from battles just like credits. Before you can buy new tanks, or parts with Credits you need to research them. Once researched, they\'re always researched and you can buy it whenever.

However research is accumulated much slower than credits, so spend wisely.

Again, add me and we can battle together and I can explain more

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.