I fust made this quick little add-on that adds cheat parts for 1.2

NoMasPantalones

Can someone please test it and see if it works for later versions?

*fust = just...      sorry... Lol

Edited by NoMasPantalones
I had to make the edit bcuz someone told me that I couldn't post this mod because it uses the stoc textures :( I'll change the texture and re post the link :(

Hello @NoMasPantalones, welcome to the forums! :)

It's great that you want to contribute to our community. But unfortunately, you will want to remove that link before a moderator sends you a sternly worded message. You're redistributing Squad's property, which is not permitted by the EULA. Specifically: you're not allowed to redistribute the art assets (models and textures) of the parts. No, not even for free. You are allowed to make new config files and distribute them, because that is something you made (and Squad graciously decided to let you call even small changes to their config files 'yours'). But no files directly taken from the game. Not even unmodified stock configs.

Additionally, installing your parts the way they are right now will probably cause conflicts with either stock KSP or other mods. If you install them separately, you will have duplicate parts, which look the same, have the same name, and even carry the same internal identifier (which is not allowed and will cause stuff to break). Or, you overwrite Squad's own parts, and you end up with a "dirty" installation - something you cannot roll back from without completely deleting and reinstalling everything. And when you install a mod that makes changes based on the expectation that Squad's own parts are present, it can result in that mod not working as designed.

You can easily see that creating and distributing a mod this way is not a good idea, for many different reasons. Instead, I recommend that you learn about the wonders of Module Manager. It's a small mod that lets you write a patch config file that changes the behavior of an existing part, or safely make a clone of an existing part with different stats, while the game is running - without any need to change or duplicate the source files of that part itself. Then you can just distribute the patch you made as a mod, and you circumvent every single problem I pointed out above at once.

However, when you do decide to upload another mod, please observe the add-on posting rules. Specifically, you need a license (a statement you make about who is allowed to do what under which circumstances with your work), and you need to include it in the thread you post your mod in, as well as in the mod download itself. Here's a thread that can help. Also, please post it in the proper subforum: Add-on Development if you intend to make early test releases of something bigger available to people, or Add-On Releases for something you consider worthy of a full release.

Edited by Streetwind

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.