"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Is my save corrupted or can i still get it back?

And how do I fix "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" and the constant and sudden crashing.

I can't play the game until this is answered because I don't want to lose any more great ship designs, tones of progress and other things I can never pull off again until I know if this can be fixed and the saves recovered.

Please provide all info as described here. Better if you have verbose logging on (in settings) so the output_log.txt or player.log gives more info. Best if you can also upload and link your savegame.

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" is one of the most common exceptions being logged, most of them have no effect on the game as the exception is managed. While most of those with the stock game have already been catched (so the exception won't show anymore), still that logged message is rather common with add-ons (but again, there's no effect when it is managed). In case wasn't managed, game could malfunction and even crash; that's why, if you have encountered one while playing unmodded, this needs be reported with all possible info.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.