Where is the best spot to drop a rover on Duna?

So, I am currently doing my first landing on another planet (Duna) and what I have is a dual unmanned rover drop pod and a decent/accent vehicle with the crew in it. I don't really think it matters where I land the D.A.V. because it's coming right back into orbit, but the drop pod is staying on the surface and I want to transmit the most science as possible while driving the smallest distance. Any suggestions on where I should land?

Have you scanned it for biomes yet? The best place to land would be in an area where 2-3 biomes converge or are very close together.  Alternatively, you can use the cheat menu to turn biome display on, have a quick peek where looks good, and try to land there.  

Edit: ninja'd.   But 6 is the way to go, for sure.  

Edited by klesh

2 minutes ago, Aegolius13 said:

I would suggest looking at Duna with "show biomes" active on the F12 cheat menu.   Then just look for a place that's near the intersection of a lot of different colored regions. 

I already know that, its just that I am having trouble deciding where to land when it comes to biomes. I am no noob when it comes to this game (600+ hours), its just i don't use the forums much

4 minutes ago, Alshain said:

There is a spot where 6 biomes are in close proximity, I think that is likely the best bang for you buck, so to speak.

A16F6541B793989323B0A0F2545A45392EF7EBB8

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.