[resolved] Orbit in map view is not interactive (no maneuver nodes,) even in moon tutorial

I'm running KSP 1.2.2 on 64-bit Linux, the latest version from gog.com. My buildID is:

build id = 01622
2016-12-06_07-56-46
Branch: master

Here is my settings.cfg: https://pastebin.com/i4wKqjWk

What I've found is that I cannot interact with my orbit in the map view. I understand that building upgrades are required for this. However, surely it should be enabled in the moon tutorial, where I cannot progress without adding the node:

ksp_maneuver_nodes_not_available.png

I cannot get anything to happen by left clicking, double-clicking, or right-clicking on my orbit. I asked on IRC, and I was told that if maneuver nodes are available, they would be a different color than gray. So perhaps the tutorial scenario is just configured wrong? I tried restarting the game and it didn't help. I also remember an earlier tutorial telling me I could warp to a different part of my orbit, and that didn't work either-- perhaps these are related issues?

Other information:

Intel Core i7-6700HQ, Nvidia GTX 970M, 16 GiB of RAM.

64-bit Linux Mint 18, 4.10 kernel, proprietary NVIDIA drivers version 375.66.

Edited by maxtothemax

This issue is a known one, was fixed with KSP 1.3, but while using KSP 1.2.2 the nodes are locked (just as if the tracking station was at the base level 1), unless a previous tutorial was run in the same game session that unlocked them (e.g., run the "Orbital 101" tutorial first; leave it, and you'll have the orbital interactions in that "To the Mun part 1" tutorial).

Thanks a lot for the explanation. Where can I get 1.3.0? It's not listed on gog.com, which is where I bought the game.

EDIT: using the orbits 101 tutorial did NOT work. Using sandbox mode DID work, though.

Edited by maxtothemax

@maxtothemax
If you are GOG user and Linux user, I am afraid you must be patient for a bit.
GOG has currently released 1.3 only for Windows and only on Galaxy.
Windows 1.3 offline installer was provided later.

GOG has still not updated the Linux and Mac offline installers to 1.3. Should happen soon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.