Endeavour shuttle

Hello again, fellow Kerbalnauts, I've returned after a long slumber to bring to you a brand new shuttle that I've been developing over the past couple of days

Endeavour - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_ZkNlM8j7rjR25kd2hraDNzX1k

Mass - 410 tons

Part count - ~290

Height - 35m

Width - 12.6m

Length - 21.2m

ACTION GROUPS - 1 - Toggle Bay Doors

Best way to fly it, that I've noticed, is that as soon as you launch, the craft wants to pull west at about 5 m/s within 10 seconds, so pull 5 degrees east. Once you lose the boosters, you'll be going about 270- 310 m/s and 6.5 km up. at that point, you will notice your velocity dropping just a little bit. DO NOT PANIC, it goes away pretty fast. At the altitude of 20 km and about 450 - 500 m/s, pull to 40 degrees east , once at 28-30 km, roll 180 degrees so the large tank is under you, closer to the ground. Once that happens, go to map view to monitor your Ap (Apogee) , once it's around 65-80 km, go back to the shuttle and reduce engines to 2/3rd power, and burn BELOW PERIAPSIS NODE. You need the horizontal velocity more than vertical velocity at this point. You will run out of fuel at around 2.1 km/s.

Nose down, and while the shuttle's still moving, jettison the main tank and start the OMS engines and burn for a few seconds to get away from the big tank. Time warp to about 2 minutes to Ap, and start up the OMS to push to orbit.

Great, you're in orbit, and probably wondering how to get down.

Easy! just point your OMS in retrograde direction and fire when you're 90-100 degrees west of the space center in perspective to Kerbin.

Point your shuttle up at about 25-40 degrees while in atmosphere to aero break. (Do not go above 40, or you'll flat spin at orbital speed, NOT pretty)

The shuttle has a very low stall speed, it's about 45 m/s. so make sure you land the thing 

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy my masterpiece!

pics - (just realized I misspelled Endeavour as Endeveror)

Edited by TheKorbinger

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.