Sign in to follow this  
Sivonen

How can I directly control ailerons?

Question

For some projects, I would like to assign a joystick axis or two buttons to directly control ailerons.

I know I can set a key to deploy ailerons fully, but I need more precise control. Buttons that add/decrease the deployment by 1 degree at a time and third button to reset...? Or a joystick axis.

Not tied to pitch/yaw/roll controls.

4 answers to this question

Sorry, it can't be done directly in stock. You can have 4 ailerons with their maximum deployment set to 4 degrees. Then if you fully deploy one of them, that will average out to 1 degree. And you can get up to 4 degrees that way, depending on the number of them that you deploy. (Or you can do powers of two, to select the deflection you want using binary math.)

Ok, thanks. I'll try to find a mod for that, but it belongs to the mod forums.

Here is the link if someone else is interested:

It would be really nice if there was a mod that could control deploy limits with a slider, like the throttle control on many joysticks.  That would feel a lot more like real flaps

You can also assign the "deploy" command to an action group.   You cab select which direction to deploy too. But it does not give you full manual control.  So not really a substitute for manual aileron control.