NaN spam, flight scene no vessel, crash

I removed several mods.

Then I found out that the issue is related to the vessel or parts I used on it.

Another vessel I sent to the launchpad first had no issue.

I used the PicoPorts from

the first time, the Pico M and Pico F, where the Pico F were set as staged.

I stacked 4 identical probes (CommSats) on each other and wanted to deliver them all in one run and decided to use PicoPorts as decouplers - then why not?

In earlier missions I had the probes radially around a central tank but that was not good for the CoM after delivering the first probe, so I wanted to change the way of delivery.

Edited by Gordon Dry

EDIT: This post was written before the above update was posted. Retaining in case any of the other notes are useful.

You've got a warning explicitly saying that some of your mods are incompatible:

[WRN 22:40:21.146] [CompatibilityChecker] Incompatible mods detected: DeadlyReentry, RealSolarSystem

This message means one of your mods was built for KSP 1.2.2:

[EXC 22:40:21.160] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'PopupDialog.SpawnPopupDialog'.

That method's parameters were changed in 1.3.0. Not sure which mod that is though; maybe that's AVC trying to warn you, since it comes right after the CompatibilityChecker line?

The Blue Dog parts seem to have some invalid FloatCurves:

[LOG 22:51:11.661] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_Apollo_Block3_ServiceEngine/bluedog_Apollo_Block3_ServiceEngine'
[LOG 22:51:11.671] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[ERR 22:51:11.672] FloatCurve: Invalid line. Requires two values, 'time' and 'value'

[ERR 22:51:11.673] FloatCurve: Invalid line. Requires two values, 'time' and 'value'

The Pico Port has some problems with its drag cube:

[LOG 22:53:47.079] PartLoader: Part 'SHED/Parts/PicoPort/PicoPortBasic/PicoPortBasic' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 22:53:47.085] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[LOG 22:53:47.086] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'PicoPortBasic'
[EXC 22:53:47.093] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p)
        PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p, System.String nodeName)
        DragCubeSystem.LoadDragCubes (.Part p)
        Part+<Start>c__Iterator3A.MoveNext ()
        UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
[EXC 22:53:47.097] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

Same for whatever part this is:

[LOG 22:53:48.633] PartLoader: Part 'SHED/Parts/REKT/SURF/surf/surf' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 22:53:48.640] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[LOG 22:53:48.640] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'surf'
[EXC 22:53:48.642] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

There are tons like this from Contract Configurator (possibly incompatibility with RSS):

[EXC 22:58:36.050] ArgumentException: 'Gilly' is not a valid CelestialBody.
        ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName)
        ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.CelestialBodyParser.ParseIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token)
        ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseVarOrIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token)
        ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[CelestialBody].ParseSimpleStatement[CelestialBody] ()

[EXC 22:58:36.145] ArgumentException: Stock partModuleType 'Power' has been replaced by 'Generator'.
        ContractConfigurator.Validation.ValidatePartModuleType (System.String name)
        System.Linq.Enumerable.All[String] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
        ContractConfigurator.PartModuleTypeUnlockedRequirement+<>c.<LoadFromConfig>b__1_1 (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 x)
        ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[List`1] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1 setter, IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 defaultValue, System.Func`2 validation)

[EXC 22:58:36.194] DataStoreCastException: Cannot cast from System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CelestialBody] to CelestialBody.
        ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CelestialBody]].ConvertType[CelestialBody] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 value)
        ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ListExpressionParser`1[CelestialBody].ConvertType[CelestialBody] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 value)
        ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CelestialBody]].ParseStatement[CelestialBody] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 lval)

[EXC 22:58:36.215] MissingMethodException: Cannot find method 'Children' for class 'List`1'.
        ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CelestialBody]].GetCalledFunction (System.String functionName, Function& selectedMethod, Boolean isFunction)
        ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CelestialBody]].ParseMethod[List`1] (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 obj, Boolean isFunction)

[EXC 22:58:36.300] DataStoreCastException: Cannot cast from System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CelestialBody] to CelestialBody.
        ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CelestialBody]].ConvertType[CelestialBody] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 value)
        ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ListExpressionParser`1[CelestialBody].ConvertType[CelestialBody] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 value)
        ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CelestialBody]].ParseStatement[CelestialBody] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 lval)

Custom Asteroids is crashing too, also looks like RSS incompatibility:

[EXC 22:59:12.549] ArgumentException: Could not find celestial body named Kerbin
Parameter name: name
        Starstrider42.CustomAsteroids.AsteroidManager.getPlanetByName (System.String name)
        Starstrider42.CustomAsteroids.ValueRange.getPlanetProperty (System.String planet, System.String property)
        Starstrider42.CustomAsteroids.ValueRange.parseOrbitalElement (System.String rawValue)
        Starstrider42.CustomAsteroids.ValueRange.parseAll ()
        Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Starstrider42.CustomAsteroids.ValueRange
        Starstrider42.CustomAsteroids.ValueRange.parseAll ()
        Starstrider42.CustomAsteroids.ValueRange.PersistenceLoad ()
        ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, Int32 pass, Boolean removeAfterUse)
        ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node)
        Starstrider42.CustomAsteroids.PopulationLoader.load ()
        UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
        Starstrider42.CustomAsteroids.PopulationLoader:load()
        Starstrider42.CustomAsteroids.AsteroidManager:.cctor()
        Starstrider42.CustomAsteroids.CustomAsteroidSpawner:.ctor()
        Starstrider42.CustomAsteroids.CustomAsteroidSpawner:.ctor()
        UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
        ScenarioRunner:AddModule(String)
        ScenarioRunner:AddModule(ConfigNode)
        ProtoScenarioModule:Load(ScenarioRunner)
        ScenarioRunner:LoadModules(List`1)
        ScenarioRunner:SetProtoModules(List`1)
        Game:Load()
        <Start>c__IteratorC7:MoveNext()
        UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[ERR 22:59:12.562] [CustomAsteroids]: failed to load population 'innerAsteroids'

Extraplanetary Launchpads has a problem:

[EXC 23:03:54.016] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.MFTEditorToolbar.onGUIEditorToolbarReady ()
        EventVoid.Fire ()
        UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
        EventVoid:Fire()
        KSP.UI.Screens.<SetInitialState>c__Iterator12B:MoveNext()
        UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
        KSP.UI.Screens.PartCategorizer:Setup()
        EventVoid:Fire()
        KSP.UI.Screens.EditorPanels:ShowPartsList(Action)
        EditorLogic:SelectPanelParts(Boolean)
        EditorLogic:StartEditor(Boolean)
        <Start>c__Iterator32:MoveNext()
        UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Editor Time seems to be trying to save its settings to a non-existent folder:

[EXC 23:07:46.903] IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EditorTime\PluginData\config.txt".
        System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options)
        System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
        System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode)
        ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header)
        ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName)
        EditorTime.EditorTime.OnDestroy ()

Alternate Resource Panel has an issue, looks like when it tries to auto-click its button:

[EXC 23:08:27.422] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        KSPAlternateResourcePanel.KSPAlternateResourcePanel.SetAppButtonToTrue ()
        KSPAlternateResourcePanel.KSPAlternateResourcePanel.RepeatingWorker ()
        KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.RepeatingWorkerWrapper ()

The NANs seem to start when the GD 4x Sat Delivery craft is loaded:

[LOG 23:08:43.557] [BetterLoadSaveGame] Loading save image: D:\Kerbal Space Program\saves\Gordon Dry RSS\FMRS_main_save.png
[LOG 23:08:50.367] Unpacking GD 4x Sat Delivery
[ERR 23:08:59.408] computeMassAndInertia: Provided mass or density has no valid value
[ERR 23:08:59.409] PxRigidBodyExt::setMassAndUpdateInertia: Mass and inertia computation failed, setting mass to 1 and inertia to (1,1,1)

What does that craft look like?

Edited by HebaruSan

Well, RSS worked for weeks now with the 1.3 patch config, DRE also worked.

There were a few NREs some times but none that made everything borked.

This very specific issue is new.

Extraplanetary Launchpads is not installed, so this is a typical case where NREs create issues with other mods, so most of the log errors you quoted does not absolutely mean they're the root of issues - could be that they are only victims of the root issue which triggered them.

I already had PicoPort in suspicion, the REKT mod is from the same author, that is interesting.

I will remove them both.

Bluedog_DB is making fun with me so much again and again, I'm also considering in getting lost with it.

Actually I want to sleep, so no time for a run to make a screenshot.

The craft is a 3+1* stage rocket vessel with a 2.5m fairing in which 4 identical probes are stacked on top of each other, using the docking ports for staging.
* 1: LOx, 2: LHO2, 3: LHO2, 4: MP

I will replace the docking ports by normal decouplers, perhaps this alone will help.

Update:

I was removing several mods, I rebuilt the craft by removing all probes and creating new probes without docking ports.

Same issue.

Because the most errors in the log have to do with BDB parts I posted over there, incl. all log, craft and crash dump:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.