1.0.5 KSP previous version not working on Steam

Hello, I'm new here but I've played KSP for a while. I'm also a huge fan of Star Wars and I am a discussions moderator in the Battlefront Wiki. I just now started getting interested in mods and I have had lots of fun with them my favorite mods are FASA, Half RSS, and US Rockets pack- when I use this one now, the game crashes. NathanKells RSS doesn't have as many moons and dwarf planets that I wanted, so I downloaded Half RSS also by NathanKell. It has dwarf planets and more moons and I was happy with it for a while. Now I'm kraving more- see what I did there ;). I want to download Real Solar System Expanded by pozine https://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/232931-rss-planets-moons-expanded-0-11-0. It adds even more moons, asteroids, dwarf planets, and planetoids. The problem is that the max version the mod supports is 1.1.2. I download KSP from Steam and they give you the option to play the game in previous versions 1.0.5,1.1.3, and 1.2.2. I had to revert to previous versions before for certain mods and I had no problems. In order to download RSSE I had to revert to 1.0.5, which I haven't done before. It doesn't work. when I try to download In CKAN it says the version is 1.3, the same is true if I launch the game. So my question, is there a fix so I can revert KSP to 1.0.5 on steam? Is there any other way to revert the game to an earlier version? Has anyone downloaded RSSE before and can give their experience?

Cheers!

Edited by AlienFromTrappist-1

I suspect someone else can help you better since I have no experience with KSP on Steam, but I would try completely uninstalling KSP and then downloading version 1.0.5. If you have already tried that, then hopefully someone who has experience with the Steam version can offer a better solution.

I do know that the directory where Steam installs KSP can be copied, backed up, and used with or without Steam, so you can keep backups of different versions with different mods and play them whenever you want without fear of Steam auto-updating.

Good luck, and welcome to the community.

I have already uninstalled KSP and download 1.0.5 unfortunately that didn't work. The reason I'm having to download 1.0.5 is that Steam only gives 3 previous versions available to download 1.0.5, 1.1.3, and 1.2.2. The mod is compatible with 1.1.2 so CKAN won't install if I use 1.1.3. Next step for me will be trying to download the mod manually with 1.1.3. Wish me luck! Thanks for the feedback. And if anyone can help please feel free to post! Cheers!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.