Cannot install RSS on KSP 1.3

I'm trying to install RSS on KSP 1.3. 

There's a patch that makes it work, and it works on my friend's computer.

I've tried everything, from downloading the latest versions of ModuleManager, Kopernicus, ModularFlightManager all separately, to copying his entire GameData folder over, on a new install.

Downloading the latest versions looks like this:

wGLOYWC.png

It does the loading screen, then this:

MERREw2.png

For six hours, before i gave up and closed it.

Output log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B95i7_CURrkWTVlGbUwxci1lX0U/view?usp=sharing

Copying his folder over makes GameData look like this:

4fqrRGt.png 

It loads the title screen, with a stock Kerbin, and upon trying to start a new game does the same black, spinning-planets screen for three and a half hours, before I turned it off.

Output log for this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B95i7_CURrkWQlRNamJFR01tWUk/view?usp=sharing

Note: the animation runs much smoother than it usually does, when it's actually loading something.

Yes, I delete the cache files before trying it each time.

Edited by Ethen Sun

42 minutes ago, Abpilot said:

That’s because RSS is no longer compatible, gallileo has a 1.3 fix going around somewhere just can’t justify where, plus you shouldn’t start a whole new topic for one issue.

Not the reason, also the way he posted the topic is right. He has some issues with his install in particular. It's not a fix from the RSS topic, so it wouldn't fit right there.

@Ethen Sun, you have placed the fix right into the gamedata folder, don't do that. It probably has to go into the RSS folder, make sure you place it the same way as your friend's. 

Edited by DrLicor

15 hours ago, DrLicor said:

Not the reason, also the way he posted the topic is right. He has some issues with his install in particular. It's not a fix from the RSS topic, so it wouldn't fit right there.

@Ethen Sun, you have placed the fix right into the gamedata folder, don't do that. It probably has to go into the RSS folder, make sure you place it the same way as your friend's. 

I gave up on this after I didn't get any replies, but I'm getting the exact same problem when I try to install RealPlume. I've concluded it's a ModuleManager problem. As such, I've tried 2.8.1, 2.8.0, and 2.7.6, none of which work. I've tried a fresh install from both the game website and Steam, no luck. 

Is there anything to be had in the output logs?

Looking at your Gamedata screenshot, you don't have ModuleFlightManager installed. It come bundled with kopernicus because kopernicus depends on it.   In other words, it's required for any planet pack to work. 

Unless he is playing on a really old version of KSP, RSS won't load unless MFI is installed. This is why copying his gamedata won't work for you in 1.3.

Edited by Galileo

37 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Looking at your Gamedata screenshot, you don't have ModuleFlightManager installed. It come bundled with kopernicus because kopernicus depends on it.   In other words, it's required for any planet pack to work. 

Unless he is playing on a really old version of KSP, RSS won't load unless MFI is installed. This is why copying his gamedata won't work for you in 1.3.

I just did that, took what he had and added MFI, nothing changes. Still loads a stock title screen and gets stuck on starting a new game.

Well all of his textures are also installed incorrectly... just completely disregard his install. It's all wrong. If you are using an absolutely fresh install of ksp, you HAVE to run it once without mods. This gives ksp the chance to write all the settings. Then you can add mods. Try that if it's the case

Edited by Galileo

Well all of his textures are also installed incorrectly... just completely disregard his install. It's all wrong. If you are using an absolutely fresh install of ksp, you HAVE to run it once without mods. This gives ksp the chance to write all the settings. Then you can add mods. Try that if it's the case

Is my version, the screenshot at the very top, correct?

• 4 weeks later...

I want to thank the person who created this thread, Its badly needed having searched hours and having come up bone dry.

I want to install real solar system (RSS) for KSP version 1.3.

I am having difficulty finding the components required.

Is there a ready-to-use patched version of Module Manager (I haven't used since 0.24) or will CKAN work? Which is better.

Is there a ready-to-use patched version of RSS or something that can be patched easily. I have Visual Studio installed for Windows 10 (latest free version as of 2016).

Is there an installation guide for RSS on KSP 1.3????

- - - - -  -

Edit - I found he help I needed for version 1.2.2 here:

which appears to be the only valid place to get help and has the relevant links.

In brief the folder that is supplied all the execution files needed but textures can be obtained here.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RSS-Textures/releases

And I will see if it works.

Edited by PB666

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.