Settlers - Colonisation Kerbals?

MajorMushroom

So my goal in my current career mode is to try and colonise as much of the solar system as possible, to do this I will also need something to fill up my habitats. Is there a mod out there that allows me to use another type of Kerbal (other than pilot etc.) that I can send to live in my newly built modules? 

If anyone is thinking of making a new mod I think this would be quite cool, as it's hard to hire/ rescue enough Kerbals to have a satisfactory colony across all planets and their orbits. It would also bring new contract objectives, some ideas are:

.          -Set up a colony of (x) Kerbals on (x) planet/ moon (I know this is similar to 'station' contracts, but these would be for larger and            longer projects

.          -Transfer (x) Kerbals from (x) to (x)

.          -Resupply/rescue an NPC colony, by bringing a drill module or some fuel. (These would be basic landers, similar to the 'rescue   stranded Kerbal' contracts

Because colonisation missions should be permanent, I think it would be horribly expensive hiring all the Kerbals necessary, only to never see them again, this is why I propose 'settlers', hopefully this shouldn't be too hard to create, and if it already exists that would be amazing.

(I'm not quite sure if this should go in the ideas and development section, but I feel like this is more mod territory than real game.)

Edited by MajorMushroom

13 hours ago, stibbons said:

Roverdude's MKS adds a lot of features related to colonisation. It has a bunch of new parts, and ten new skills for colonists that effect the efficiency of different colony functions. Have a look at the skills documentation and the MKS release thread: 

That is actually the mod I am using for building the bases. However I'm not sure if it fully has the ability to use more Kerbals as settlers. I have found something that is fairly close to my idea:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/101058-10x-civilian-population-14/

This uses 'civilians', a bit like a resource (they are listed in the same tab as LiquidFuel, Oxidiser etc.) It also has some very nice greenhouses that will look very much at home on Duna xD 

2 hours ago, MajorMushroom said:

That is actually the mod I am using for building the bases. However I'm not sure if it fully has the ability to use more Kerbals as settlers. I have found something that is fairly close to my idea:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/101058-10x-civilian-population-14/

This uses 'civilians', a bit like a resource (they are listed in the same tab as LiquidFuel, Oxidiser etc.) It also has some very nice greenhouses that will look very much at home on Duna xD 

Yeah, that's the one I was looking for when I found the tourism one. But it's rather out of date. There was a follow-on thread that updated it to 1.0.4. Various people have tried to bring it back from the dead several times. It must not be terribly easy to do, though, because I never saw where anyone succeeded.

Edited by mikegarrison

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.