Joystick Axis mapping not working

Hi,

I'm having a problem with setting up my joystick in 1.3.1. I move the stick to set the axis, but the menu box gets real finicky (spazzing numbers) and shows a different axis than the one I am actuating. Similar to this guy's unresolved problem: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/166279-joystick-axis-mapping-broken/&page=0#comment-3189356  Instead of showing "X" or "Y" axis, it shows "joystick 0.1" and numbers similar to that. In game, the controls are all whacked out. Using a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 joystick, in very good condition. Have no problems with it in several other games, and in-game calibration from my flight sim says all is as it should be. I've used the old Logiteck 3D Pro stick in KSP with no problems. So I suspect this is a problem with the game. Using 1.3.1 64 bit, problem persists regardless of mods.

Now before you suggest that I need to press the Apply button, I will tell you that I have already tried this. :sticktongue: I have used this game for quite a while, and I know what I'm doing for the most part. 

I'm getting sick of using the keyboard for my control axis. Not how a real plane flies. Being a flight sim guy, this game is unplayable for me if I can't use a joystick.

Any help appreciated... Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.