42-i Generation3 Opener - Light Transport Ship [WIP]

To kick off my new generation of battlecruisers and ships for 42-Industries, I will release updates on my opening craft celebrating gen3!

So far I have the main structure of my newest transport cruiser. It is unnamed for the time being until I get the final form of it complete, so I can name it after any resemblance of real-world objects. Engines have been added, meaning it can fly at the moment, but is fairly slow with a 200m/s speed at takeoff.

screenshot34hi.png

I'm taking suggestions, because I have decided to designate this one to the community, shaped by you guys! :D

This will not be uploaded to the 42-i thread until I can fix it since the server update completely messed it up, if you have not noticed yet. Until then, I will work here. The medium and heavy variants might as well be in this thread too.

By using some re-scaled swept wings I got a while back from these forums, and the large ones are very strong. Just connect the ends with struts and you are golden.

This won't work for anything larger, though. It does cut some weight off however.

Tim ya lag when ya use this thing, I wouldnt even be able to play with it because I would be waiting two minutes or another frame :) Can ya post a vid please too.

I have zero lag when flying this. It gets laggy when I add all of the details, like extra nose cones, guns, etc. I also don't have any launch lag because any computer would die from KSP when one of these had just sit and compressed itself. The launch stablizers are a great way to get these things off the ground by making them sideways.

Also, I have some sad news. This one will have to be discontinued. The stack-on-wing design just won't cut it now, and the physics get nuts... cannot fix it - cannot fly anymore. :<

Sorry guys. However, I will be making other ones, but I need feedback. Should I put this on my 42-i thread (which the new forum just shat on, it's so messy) or make a new one specifically for these ships?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.