Jump to content

[Solved] Can't mine landed asteroid on kerbin


Recommended Posts

Hello rocketeer !

A few days ago I landed an asteroid and set up 4 rover connected between them and to the asteroid : 1 for electricity, 1 for cooling, one for storing ore & convert it and the last one for my 5 star engineer & the drills.

But seems like I can't mine it.. The drills only ask for surface harvester but nothing for asteroid case..

Here's some screenshots for a better understanding of my situation :

https://imgur.com/a/5n4ig

 

 

Edited by PrimoDev
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, PrimoDev said:

Hello rocketeer !

A few days ago I landed an asteroid and set up 4 rover connected between them and to the asteroid : 1 for electricity, 1 for cooling, one for storing ore & convert it and the last one for my 5 star engineer & the drills.

But seems like I can't mine it.. The drills only ask for surface harvester but nothing for asteroid case..

Here's some screenshots for a better understanding of my situation :

https://imgur.com/a/5n4ig

 

 

Umm...you know you could just mine the ground underneath you, instead of bothering with such a tiny asteroid? Asteroids are really only useful to mine in space, and they have limited ore, unlike Kerbin which has infinite. Unless this is for a contract or something?

That aside, the pics aren't super helpful; could you put one up with the right click menu opened on the drills?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Umm...you know you could just mine the ground underneath you, instead of bothering with such a tiny asteroid? Asteroids are really only useful to mine in space, and they have limited ore, unlike Kerbin which has infinite. Unless this is for a contract or something?

That aside, the pics aren't super helpful; could you put one up with the right click menu opened on the drills?

 

I think he's trying to reduce its mass to make it easier to transport.

Otherwise, just ensure the drills are deep into the asteroid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Unless things have changed, I don't think your drills are deep enough. I thought insertion had to be up to the first collar / sleeve.

 

21 hours ago, Starman4308 said:

Otherwise, just ensure the drills are deep into the asteroid.

 

21 hours ago, The_Rocketeer said:

But these guys are probably onto something with the 'not deep enough' line

Yep you guys where right ! the drills were not deep enough I'll just change that with KAS thanks you guys ! :)

21 hours ago, Starman4308 said:

I think he's trying to reduce its mass to make it easier to transport.

You got it ! I've been challenged by friend to do a Kerbin-Duna Duna-Kerbin travel with landings with an asteroid so before I wanted it to reduce mass as it's very heavy and fuel have a cost in career mode :sealed:

 

Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas ! :D

Edited by PrimoDev
Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...