I built an Eeloo SSTO

JacobJHC

"This framerate is awesome, also the plumes in the background are cool."

Nice job! SSTO's aren't really my thing (neither are gravity assists), and you did both of them extremely well! I'd imagine it would take a lot of practice to get those two right!

For some reason this video made me think of "What if on Kerbin, SSTO's are like cars and most people own them." It would make an interesting story, one that I would write if I wasn't already juggling several dozen different things...

Great job!

2 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

"This framerate is awesome, also the plumes in the background are cool."

Nice job! SSTO's aren't really my thing (neither are gravity assists), and you did both of them extremely well! I'd imagine it would take a lot of practice to get those two right!

For some reason this video made me think of "What if on Kerbin, SSTO's are like cars and most people own them." It would make an interesting story, one that I would write if I wasn't already juggling several dozen different things...

Great job!

Thanks! If any of the things you are juggling is a KSP video like your Eeloo mission I can't wait. Or your SRB grand tour, That one looks cool too.

1 hour ago, JacobJHC said:

I finally did it!

Bravo!  I didn't see the MET but I'm pretty sure it was way less than 10K years.  I'm thinking only about 100 years this time :) 

I couldn't tell from the belly-on view during the final re-entry, but did you ever use the airbrakes in flight?

9 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Bravo!  I didn't see the MET but I'm pretty sure it was way less than 10K years.  I'm thinking only about 100 years this time :) 

I couldn't tell from the belly-on view during the final re-entry, but did you ever use the airbrakes in flight?

Thanks! No, I guess I didn't ever use the air brakes in flight, I should probably gut them since I nearly ran out of fuel.. Also I think the mission time was between 78 and 100 years,  I didn't check this time for some reason. 

9 hours ago, The Dunatian said:

How you pull things like that of is beyond me. Excellent job!

I am going to be 100% honest I just threw this thing together and it worked, all I did was test it'd dry gliding ability.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.