mechjeb not behaving like it did litterally minutes ago.

so im launching parts of my munar station, i send the core, all is fine and dandy, then i go to send my science "hopper" to attach it to the core and mechjeb decides he's going to be tarded now.

i make orbit easy enough, set my maneuver and tell mechjeb to execute it, it starts to execute just fine but i run out of fuel mid burn, i stage to go to the next engine and finish the burn and all that happens is a click, i hit spacebar again and it stages but doesnt fire the next engine, and my maneuver dissapears.

i litterally did this exact same thing sending the core and now its wonky. is their something ive missed? is my frustration getting the best of me again?

before burn
AV5CQpd.png

after burn has started and staging gets weird
u6SjgaJ.png 
does this have to do with my first picture having 0 dv in my first three stages even though my first stage obviously has over 3k dv?

*bashes head into keyboard

Edited by putnamto

I wonder if it's getting confused by that fairing. It looks like you put it as the final stage and then deployed it manually. MechJeb might think that the initial "Stage 1" should last 0 seconds because there's no reason to delay the release of the fairing. Then when it looks at the initial "Stage 0", the fairing is already deployed; maybe that confuses it?

2 hours ago, Foxster said:

Dumb question...The craft has electrical charge left, right? It's just that it's in the dark in the 2nd picture. 

yeah, i always forget to put lights and flashy things on my ships.

it turned out that mechjeb didnt like having my fairing staged, i relaunched the whole thing withought the fairing being staged and it worked fine, just had to manually deploy the fairing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.