Science Reward Bug (v. 1.4.0.2077) ?!

Hey There

Does anybody know something about a bug in the science rewards calculation. I'm in the beginning of the game and out of nowhere I get ten thousands of science points and so far i didnt even reach the mun. Is there a way to get my old science points back or do i have to start a new game, because it is the third  time that this happens.

This time I did the "Escape the atmosphere!" mission, were above 70,000 m, but the goal was unchecked and it is still, but got 10885 science points.  Another time I did the "fly with a vessel" mission and got 33k.

Okay I started two new savegames. In both I got several thousands by doing the first mission. My setup a Rocket, the only one you can build at the beginning, without science points, + 3 goo. I did a crew report on the launchpad + goo and an EVA and stored them, started, while flying I did another crew report+ goo, and at the crashsite also. And a third savegame, where I could complete an observation mission and then after the second I got also several thousands points

Same to me. I have the same Problems. The Mission is never completed when i get to Orbit. I get also mass of science and also 100 Million money. I have also the problem that the missions with the tourists dont works too. Its not completet even when you take both tourists in a suborbital fly 

I play the German version

Edited by Kratzekatze

I'm running 1.4.1.2089 with Making History. I started a new career mode game and after like 6 oder 7 missions in which everything went normal, I suddenly jumped from like 50 science to 7000 science after the last flight. There's definitely a problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ph62mf1ln5p2xgz/persistent.sfs?dl=0

This is one of the savegames and KSP is running on a i5 4210u, Geforce 840m, 8gb machine with w10 x64 and gog galaxy

I thought that maybe the clients like steam or gog might infere in some way, but starting without gog ended the same way thousands of points.

Edited by edewolf

Just happened to me. I was also on the mission to escape the atmosphere. career mode, hard difficulty, I had the basic command module, with 2 mini red parachutes, 2 large blue parachutes, small storage bay with a goo, thermometer, and pressure thingy inside ,heat shield, decoupler, flea, decoupler, hammer, decoupler, hammer with two flea attached.

I used all my research things and did a crew report around 100,000ft. I didn't get a notification of mission complete, but when I landed I had like 9k research.

Just opened the same game back up after posting the above... I had 100k funds, but was able to upgrade my entire base. I had 94k when I upgraded one of my buildings that said it cost 500k+ but it let me upgrade it and I had 93k left over... definitely broken. 

Edited by Aphasia
found another bug

Can confirm this is happening to me too, Career is very broken.    Contracts not completing, even the 'launch your first vessel' for me, then on returning any vessel i noticed there are stupid amount of funds and science, also rep was maxed out.

KSP Version: 1.4.1  (x64 executable)

DLC: Making History

A fresh install yesterday and Started a new career game today.

((Save game in main menu))

QNxJIQvyFU1cYRFezG6at5cErPewjEKXXzwHJ6dD

((Save File))

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bhQ8N9eMpvc5mZb7hlVPyOvM_kaZOLAB/view?usp=sharing

Edited by captainbinary
Update Details

I also suffer from this bug. After my first suborbital flight the mission did not complete, but I recieved 15k science and >150k funds instead and my reputation is at 98%. I am running the 64x version with DLC, installed today (Steam, no mods) and am on day 1 of a new Career game. 

Any update on this?

It is rediculously broken at the moment. Currently orbiting mun. Not getting any Kerbal XP, not showing flyby or orbit mun. Got instead 180 MILLION funds (not a typo, I got one-hundred-eighty-million funds), 19050 science.

I could take the science away with the cheat console, but I cant remove 180.000.000 funds with the -1000 button... So I will have to edit the save file then I guess.

Also my tourist missions usually do not complete. I take 20 tourists to Kerbin Orbit, nothing happens. Neither did I get any milestones whatsoever, as if I am not flying at all.

(Since a mod has to approve this: Could you pass this on, it makes career unplayable, thanks)

I can't really contribute to a good solution but this might work to fix your Kerbal itch if you can't wait for an official fix:

I had the exact same problems with career mode so I tried out different things, including starting a career in the 32bit version and so far I encountered none of the above problems with it. Needless to say that the 32bit version crashes A LOT so it's really only a solution for die hard people who really need to play career right now. :D

20 hours ago, rated_r_rabbit said:

I had the exact same problems with career mode so I tried out different things, including starting a career in the 32bit version and so far I encountered none of the above problems with it. Needless to say that the 32bit version crashes A LOT so it's really only a solution for die hard people who really need to play career right now. :D

Thanks for the hint !

We have taken measures to avoid this in patch 1.4.2. The cause is still unknown, and existing accepted or generated contract offers made before the patch may still be affected. Please check the behaviour for new contracts in 1.4.2, and if it still happens, a savegame from just before it is seen would help immensely as well as the logfile for that game session.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know, if it helps but when I quicksave every mission on the lauching pad I dont get the bug anymore. Since I do so I never got unusual rewards but sometimes got the bug when I didnt. It is weird but are persistant saves equal to quicksaves ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.