(MIssion Builder) How to set funds BEFORE VAB, rather than after

Dunbaratu

I figured out how to make things that happen automatically at the start in parallel to the Start Node.  You find one of the nodes that allows you to checkbox "Catch All Node" (why don't they all? dunno) and then chain the other things you want to have happen off of that.  Doing this I am able to set the player's starting funds for the mission.

Except, that's not how to set the player's *actual* starting funds, because none of that runs until after the player designs the first vessel and launches it from the VAB.  Only after the player uses the launch button does the mission truly "start" and the Catch All Node fires off.

Since my goal is to make their initial vessel dip into those starting funds, I want to set the player starting funds *before* they click "launch" from the VAB.

How do I do that?  I can limit the vessel's allowed cost, but I cannot seem to change the fact that you always start with exactly 100,000 funds in every mission.

The 'catch all nodes' are making me feel confused too. Not a claim a name? One of the checking for landing (splashdown in SQUADs words :wink: ) things seemed to catch when landed clamped to the pad before the 'start' but when checking for other stuff like EVA never it seems? I would like to assist but I am about as use full as retail staff trying to impress by quoting verbatim features written on the box. 

On 3/21/2018 at 7:33 AM, Steven Mading said:

I figured out how to make things that happen automatically at the start in parallel to the Start Node.  You find one of the nodes that allows you to checkbox "Catch All Node" (why don't they all? dunno) and then chain the other things you want to have happen off of that.  Doing this I am able to set the player's starting funds for the mission.

Except, that's not how to set the player's *actual* starting funds, because none of that runs until after the player designs the first vessel and launches it from the VAB.  Only after the player uses the launch button does the mission truly "start" and the Catch All Node fires off.

Since my goal is to make their initial vessel dip into those starting funds, I want to set the player starting funds *before* they click "launch" from the VAB.

How do I do that?  I can limit the vessel's allowed cost, but I cannot seem to change the fact that you always start with exactly 100,000 funds in every mission.

if you click on your start node the settings bar contains a button to edit difficulty settings. Under mission is a slider for starting funds..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.