Custom Craft, inc.

On 5/6/2018 at 7:51 PM, Elon Kerman Jr said:

@prgmTroubleCould I have a ssto that is a mk2 type plane and can get to mun maybe and back? if not just one that can get to LKO and has a crew cabin and docking port maybe? Maybe inline port also for power could you put the panels which are 2 by 6 and can fold back down. thank you.

I hope you understand what I am saying just a simple SSTO that can maybe get to the mun or just orbit kerbin and dock with a station

Edit I want to maybe also have one that can go to jool and its moons for the jool 5 challenge so can you put a drill in it and a ISRU ?

The much anticipated response to @Elon Kerman Jr's request has finally arrived! Craft and pictures here!

It will need to refuel if you want to take it past a 100km circular orbit, and it Tylo will be a pain to land on if you want to do the Jool 5 (better have amazing timing for that suicide burn!). 

1 hour ago, prgmTrouble said:

The much anticipated response to @Elon Kerman Jr's request has finally arrived! Craft and pictures here!

It will need to refuel if you want to take it past a 100km circular orbit, and it Tylo will be a pain to land on if you want to do the Jool 5 (better have amazing timing for that suicide burn!). 

Now that is a sexy space plane.

:wub:

Im sleep deprived atm.

Expect Weirdness

5 minutes ago, Elon Kerman Jr said:

@prgmTroubleI have a slight problem I don't know how to get into orbit because I have never flown one that's this good so could you just tell me how to get into orbit like step 1 pitch to bla bla

General rule of thumb is keep to ~ 15 degrees until you get past Mach 1 then start pitching up slowly.

4 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

General rule of thumb is keep to ~ 15 degrees until you get past Mach 1 then start pitching up slowly.

What he said works. I typically pitch 10° until I hit 500m/s and then gradually pitch up until I hit 45°. I aim for an apoapsis of ~85-100km so I can use nuclear-only to circularize. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.