Biggest Plane with a Juno

22 hours ago, zolotiyeruki said:

That's a nice-looking plane, but I'm afraid I can't afford to bend the rules.  Any chance you could rebuild it with normal-sized pylons or other structural members?

Ok, I will in a few days. I’m doing something for a couple of days and don’t have an opportunity to play Kerbal right now.

• 1 month later...

Question:

Does my Juno need to be used directly as the source of thrust or may I devise.. alternative... ways to use the Juno for propulsion? The plane in my PFP uses if I remember correctly 144 Junos to turn props, but I think I could design something that used a single Juno to spin a prop or rotor.

Edited by Pds314

7 hours ago, Pds314 said:

Question:

Does my Juno need to be used directly as the source of thrust or may I devise.. alternative... ways to use the Juno for propulsion? The plane in my PFP uses if I remember correctly 144 Junos to turn props, but I think I could design something that used a single Juno to spin a prop or rotor.

Do it anyway cause I really wanna see that. Seems like a new method of propulsion may be the way to beat the current record.

On 8/24/2018 at 7:28 AM, Pds314 said:

Question:

Using the Juno to drive a propeller with its exhaust gasses is probably ok.  Using it to generate electricity to drive electric propellers is not.

• 6 months later...
On 4/13/2018 at 9:48 PM, Box of Stardust said:

Here it is: JunoSlab-51

I saw this challenge on a signature and thought: "Hey, I'll give this a try. Sure it's an old thread, but what the heck"

Then I read through the entries... and saw this monster... OK, so nevermind. This has already been accomplished. LOL

1 hour ago, scottadges said:

I saw this challenge on a signature and thought: "Hey, I'll give this a try. Sure it's an old thread, but what the heck"

Then I read through the entries... and saw this monster... OK, so nevermind. This has already been accomplished. LOL

Regardless of being able to beat the record it's a nice excesize in building as well as piloting, so by all means go for broke and challenge your skills

If nothing else it'll prepare you for a next challenge and it might give you a good feeling about your accomplishment

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.