fix this fairing glitch in ksp 1.4.2

HoDeok

5 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

so things covered in fairings lost their drag?
interesting... can we exploit this?

Well, yes. Until 1.4.3 cos the fix is being worked on. Based on the speed that 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 were released, you probably don't have much time. 

It only works if there are zero exposed parts and that's not easy to achieve. Any part not enclosed will have much higher drag than normal. 

Hmmm, I discovered this bug yesterday, but this is a very creative use of it. I noticed that the fairings seemed to be shielding themselves and had 0 drag, parts above and below them in the stack had way too much drag (as if they had just flat blunt ends, without a part in front or behind them). This morning I wondered about covering a stackin a fairing, and having something like: *fairing covered stack -> 0.625m to 3.75m adaptors -> KR-2L or mammoth Engine. That way it would just be a 0.625m blunt end, but this way is even better!

I really hope this gets fixed in 1.4.3 next week

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.