Rover problems (Console)

Haydn Dailey

Hello. I’m going to apologize in advance if I’m not posting this on the correct platform,  (I’m new) but I have an issue with building my rover. Whenever I try and switch from Mirror to radial symmetry, it automatically switches back to mirror when I go to place down my wheels. The reason I need radial symmetry is because Mirror makes the wheels inverted and unable to drive. How do I fix this? *NOTE: I am on a console, not PC

Edited by Haydn Dailey

Hi there, a pic would help but usually that happens when you’re trying to attach the wheels to something else that’s already been radially attached. You can’t have mirror symmetry on a part you’re attaching to a part that’s been attached in radial symmetry (confusing sentence - hope that makes sense).

To fix, you can remove the part you’re attaching the wheels to, and put it back on in mirror symmetry, then the wheels will attach in mirror symmetry. 

Or, you can place the wheels one at a time, and use the move/rotate widgets with angle snap, in absolute mode, to get the wheels properly aligned.

Edited by Goody1981

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.