Riddles :D

vexx32

It's much of a muchness whether this goes here or in the Games section, and I can think of good arguments either way. I'll put it here for now, and if it really needs moving, then I suppose that's up to a moderator's judgement. I prefer it here, though. It's less work to find it again, and it isn't so much of a quick-fire-response sort of thing like all the normal forum games, and requires some thought and discussion (particularly where my riddles are concerned, apparently), so I think it's better off here, rather then being buried by all the other mindless forum games.

To begin, some rules. We gotta stick to em... or else this'll devolve into helplessly confusing mayhem, with people posting riddles all the time, allowing no room for discussion or confirmation of answer

• Stay on topic
  • No flaming
  • No spamming
  • Don't post a riddle if the previous one has not been solved
  • If you can't think of a riddle and solved the previous riddle, just say something along the lines of "someone else ask a riddle for me"
  • Try not to repeat answers
  • Write riddles in readable English
  • Do not post riddles that have no answer
  • If you post a riddle, check back at least once every day or two and let us know if any answers were correct.*
  • If your post is the first one on the page, do everyone a favour and quote the riddle we're currently stumped with.
  • If you find the answer by searching the internet, don't ruin it for everyone.**

*This is doubly so the case for original riddles. My own are apparently awful conundrums, and so I tend to provide advice and hints (cryptic though it is). Ones that are all over the Internet are discouraged, as answers can be easily found. As such, I tend to make my own riddles, or post ones I've not spread around much (usually recently-made ones).

**The one exception is where the person who posted the riddle has not returned to confirm or deny the answer. Then and only then is it permitted to start searching the Internet for answers, if you really want them.

Now, shall we begin?

Here is the first riddle. If you have any ideas, I encourage you to post them, no matter how unlikely they seem. This has been posted before on another forum, so if you happened to have seen it there, then please sit back and enjoy the others' confusion, rather than simply ruining it for everyone.

Fire forms stone and pure white light,

Banishing shadows of the night.

I am the lit path edgéd in shadow,

The guide whose past will ne'er show.

Walk me true, straight and free,

And ne'er again 'lone you'll flee.

I am that which binds and bonds,

Fiery healing and pain make songs;

Wishsong cries out for light's joy,

As misery's end inspires soliloquy.

What am I?

Edited by vexx32

What am I?

Is it a comet?

What am I?

A missile! Maybe...... I am not good at riddles

I don't feel like its an object but more of an idea based on this I'd guess hope, friendship, or faith. But this line here And ne'er again 'lone you'll flee. makes me feel like it might not be hope. This line As misery's end inspires soliloquy. makes me feel like losing it should be sad again discrediting hope and this time faith as well. So that leaves friendship as my most likely option. I think it fits every line.

Edit wow I didntsee vexx's post about it not being an object so that helps me in my belief

Edited by Navy4422
Saw vexx's post

I don't feel like its an object but more of an idea based on this I'd guess hope, friendship, or faith. But this line here And ne'er again 'lone you'll flee. makes me feel like it might not be hope. This line As misery's end inspires soliloquy. makes me feel like losing it should be sad again discrediting hope and this time faith as well. So that leaves friendship as my most likely option. I think it fits every line.

Edit wow I didntsee vexx's post about it not being an object so that helps me in my belief

Friendship is indeed the answer. well done :-)

So does Navy post a riddle now?

Otherwise;

A man who lives on the tenth floor takes the elevator down to the first floor every morning and goes to work. In the evening, when he comes back; on a rainy day, or if there are other people in the elevator, he goes to his floor directly. Otherwise, he goes to the seventh floor and walks up three flights of stairs to his apartment.

Can you explain why?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.