Rusty Star Rockets Fairings?

Hey Guys!

Demo Sunday looks to be a thing of the past now, I seem to have run out of things to do, but a Rusty Star Rockets career game kicked off last weekend!

I'm playing it in KSP 1.2 for a number of reasons, not least because as far as I can tell it hasn't been updated to work in 1.4 and I never did download KSP 1.3.  My question is was there or is there a version of RSR which had fairings included?  I found a Youtube clip which would say this did or does exist, but it certainly isn't my version unfortunately.

I tried downloading another mod called Rusty Textures for Procedural Parts, thinking it would make me add rust to the stock fairings, but I can't see any benefit with having this mod in my game.  Maybe it isn't compatible with KSP 1.2?

I would appreciate if anyone can throw some light on this issue, rusty fairings would be a huge help, meaning Sergei (CEO of RSR) wouldn't have to have parts stolen from the KSA, so visible on RSR rockets! :D

Thanks guys!

A quick test (RSR v1.8) on 1.4.4 doesn't spam the log file and parts are in game - fairings in the payload section. This looks like a parts only mod and they typically have far fewer problems than plugin's with version changes. If you want to stick with 1.2 you might make a copy of the KSP folder and test the RSR 1.8 parts in the KSP copy - Fairings did change significantly at one point and so might not port back to 1.2.

Now there's a funny thing.  Turns out the fairings - and a whole load of other parts too - were there all along, but for some reason the game wasn't picking them up?  The parts that were available worked perfectly, and I admit I never thought for one minute KSP 1.2 might be recognising some and not others, so never thought to check if the fairings, struts, etc. were in the RSR file.

Anyway, all's good, and these new parts will make things much easier, limiting the number of non-RSR parts I'm forced to use in my RSR career game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.