Universal Storage II [1.3.1 and 1.4.5 - 1.7.0]

Paul Kingtiger

I Still have the.log spam, even without said parts.

[Universal_Storage] USCostSwitch.GetModuleMass,  CurrentSelection: 0 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

On rover with :

• Atmospheric Science Unit
  • Physical Science Unit
  • Four Bay Service Core (1.25m)

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

I just came across the idea to build an "EC storage" out of several Elektrons and Alkaline Fuel Cells. While doing the necessary math for the  tanks, I came across that the Alkaline Fuel Cell consumes twice as much Hydrogen than Oxygen (which sounds reasonable - water is called H2O), where as the Elektron generates twice as much Oxygen than Hydrogen (so it takes water but eats three out of four hydrogen atoms, although still consuming Electric Charges for the conversion process?!).

Could it be that the quantities on the output side of the Elektron are swapped?
Or am I missing here anything?

fwiw: I am running on Universal Storage II Finalized V4.0.1.1

Thanks for checking!

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2023 at 6:37 PM, Leosky said:

I Still have the.log spam, even without said parts.

Same here, still getting this after the update.

fg5qHX7.png

Edit: I'm guessing this line of code and also this one needs to be commented out and then recompiled.

Edit 2: After doing a local recompile myself I can confirm that this fixes the issue.

Edited by UltraJohn

There's an issue with the part Advanced Sub-Satellite, where just putting this part on any craft will cause the stock deltaV and KER to completely break, rendering them unusable. As well as other mods depending on the engine modules, such as Throttle Controlled Avionics.

I've been able to narrow down the issue to be caused by the part module USMeshSwitch. The problem is when a part cfg is using the this specific parameter for that module:

DeleteUnused = True

Will make it call Destroy() on the transforms. However the list is never reset to account for the now null references, which is what makes stock and KER break on this line.

lNxDTfh.png

This needs to be fixed.

For anyone coming across this issue, the current workaround for now would be to set DeleteUnused = False in the Advanced Sub-Satellite cfg, and it *should* in theory work fine until a proper fix is out.

Edited by UltraJohn

• 2 months later...
On 5/9/2023 at 12:16 AM, Nori said:

Running into this odd issue on the USAerozineWedge:

[PartSet]: Failed to add Resource -1483389306 to Simulation PartSet:3 as corresponding Part Universal Storage: Fuel Tank-3523687437 SimulationResource was not found.

I thought it was maybe something in my heavy mod list so I grabbed a fresh copy of the game and just added Near Future stuff and US stuff. Still run into the issue and oddly it is for anything other than the base fuel. So LFO is fine, but LF, LH, LHO etc. all don't work.

Logs here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0ypnxj7x1pw3jr/Kerbal Space Program.zip?dl=0

Edit: I've narrowed the issue down to the patch. NerteaCryo.cfg seems to not be working quite right. I installed just US2 and Cryotanks (plus core) and it immediately gives the above issue.

Hello,

I'm having the same exact issue. I would really like to use the tanks in question for a design I have going, does anyone know of a way to fix this?

I tried making sense of the config file but I gotta admit I don't understand anything of it.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any feedback on this. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hydrogen wedge bug found:

The Hydrogen wedge carries easily 100 times more than it should.  the size 1 small hydrogen wedge carries 11109.0 hydrogen where the  YD-12-400 carries only 3000 and is way way larger than the wedge

Edited by fancycat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi i have an issue

I'm currenly playing with vanilla fuels + cryogenic ones from nertea's mods and when i choice any cryo fuel on the fuel storage option they no has anything, are completly empty, the only one than has fuel is the stock one (liquidfuel + oxidizer)

I dont know if is cause by others mods on my save but the cryo fuels are supported so

Edited by Lady Lex